Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Gameplay Bug Reports (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=69)
-   -   Crash to Desktop (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=64803)

Archived Post 01-15-2010 08:04 PM

Crash to Desktop

more severe now. Twice since the servers have come up. Now it is happening in the lobby.

Archived Post 01-15-2010 08:12 PM

I've been getting it during the Starbase 24 ground mission. I "crashed" my way through most of it (about 5-6 times) until the server went down for emergency maintenance. Server came back up and I tried again and it crashed even faster than before.

Archived Post 01-15-2010 08:14 PM

I've been getting graphic stuttering followed by a crash. Only seems to happen on away team missions.

I'm running a Radeon 5870 on Win7 x64, latest drivers.

Archived Post 01-15-2010 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by r3dd1 (Post 1454876)
I've been getting graphic stuttering followed by a crash. Only seems to happen on away team missions.

I'm running a Radeon 5870 on Win7 x64, latest drivers.

Yeah there is plenty of stutter that feels like lag (could be lag) before the eventual crash.

Also running Win7 x64 with latest drivers and Radeon 4890, 9.12 Cats.

Archived Post 01-15-2010 08:51 PM

I get this crash when I change zones or beam to my ship or change to another part of the episode (i.e., from ground to ship or vice versa). It CTD and then I get a Cryptic "tell us about this error" dialog window. I only noticed it happening tonight (before and after the patch). Not sure what is causing it, but every time I try to log back in after the CTD, the launcher goes and verifies all of the game files (which is a little annoying).

Archived Post 01-15-2010 08:58 PM

this is happening to me an awful lot for at least 24 hours

Archived Post 01-15-2010 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AntiEvil
I get this crash when I change zones or beam to my ship or change to another part of the episode (i.e., from ground to ship or vice versa). It CTD and then I get a Cryptic "tell us about this error" dialog window. I only noticed it happening tonight (before and after the patch). Not sure what is causing it, but every time I try to log back in after the CTD, the launcher goes and verifies all of the game files (which is a little annoying).

This is pretty much the case for me... but I _always_ crash going back to space and finding myself as a player rather than my ship... Frankly... after 12 or so of these today... I'm tired of dealing with it... and I've sent pretty simplistic notes with each crash saying 'I beamed up and I crashed as I have every time'...

Archived Post 01-15-2010 09:21 PM

Just read a bug report on the issue. Seems to be with ATI cards. Turn the settings to low when your on an away mission and the crashes stop. They did for me at least.

Archived Post 01-15-2010 09:27 PM

Not totaly with the ATI cards; have an NVIDIA card and this has happened 4 for 4 times now, error with the cryptic handler, whenever I transition from my patrol to regulus sector space. Exactly like theshadow99 describes.

Archived Post 01-15-2010 10:09 PM

I have Nvidia as well.