Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Galactic News Network (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   "On Screen!" - Episode 2 (feat. Denise Crosby) (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=648961)

pwebranflakes 05-01-2013 12:00 PM

"On Screen!" - Episode 2 (feat. Denise Crosby)

In the second episode of "On Screen!", Brandon and Whit cover Legacy of Romulus, the Legacy Pack, and an exclusive behind-the-scenes look at Denise Crosby 's recent visit to Cryptic Studios.

Link to the show.

sunfrancks 05-01-2013 12:03 PM

Hmmm very wooden, my only critique.

Hopefully that will disappear with time an experience.

Keep it up! :D

captainrevo1 05-01-2013 12:12 PM

Awesome. always great to see Denise.

I do wish the show was longer. I said last time for something that does not appear very often I think this could really be used to highlight new ships, new lockboxes via teaser screenshots. address community concerns, have a different dev on each time etc.

i think there is a lot more you can do with this.

pwebranflakes 05-01-2013 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by captainrevo1 (Post 9574081)
Awesome. always great to see Denise.

I do wish the show was longer. I said last time for something that does not appear very often I think this could really be used to highlight new ships, new lockboxes via teaser screenshots. address community concerns, have a different dev on each time etc.

i think there is a lot more you can do with this.

We'd love to do a longer show, but a production of this length takes about a week in post-production. As our video team supports all Cryptic and PWE games, it's hard to make it any longer as they produce a ton of videos every month. This might possible in the future, but for now, "On Screen!" will typically be around this length once a quarter. I sincerely appreciate the feedback, though.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

entnx01 05-01-2013 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pwebranflakes (Post 9574141)
We'd love to do a longer show, but a production of this length takes about a week in post-production. As our video team supports all Cryptic and PWE games, it's hard to make it any longer as they produce a ton of videos every month. This might possible in the future, but for now, "On Screen!" will typically be around this length once a quarter. I sincerely appreciate the feedback, though.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Would it be correct to surmise, then, that when devs do interviews with well-known fleets and podcasters that's Cryptic/PWE's way of getting the kind of information out that captainrevo1 is suggesting?

Also, will there be more upcoming "Featured Ships" YouTube videos? I always love to see new ships in action in-game. :)

starfish1701 05-01-2013 12:28 PM

Great to see Denise being interviewed. Not only is it good to have a Star Trek actor back in STO, it's really good to see that she enjoys the opportunity to not only reprise her role, but also to advance the characters story from the TV show. Also good for us, that we not only get to watch that progression, but also to be a part of it in a game.

Fantastic! :D

captainrevo1 05-01-2013 12:33 PM

I always wished they had Sela in Nemesis, maybe in the Donatra role.

That would have tied things up beautifully, and was a natural fit.

neoakiraii 05-01-2013 12:35 PM

Brandon you're ruining my immersion, dress up as a cereal Box:P

Also Tasha Yar is like a Terminator.

That poor Reman

idrona 05-01-2013 12:41 PM

Good job!

Denise Crosby really grows on you, I like her. :)

drkfrontiers 05-01-2013 12:46 PM

Awesome. Love Denise. Pure legend.