Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   PvP Gameplay (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=125)
-   -   Terrific draining builds! (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=657201)

starwrathforever 05-06-2013 01:12 PM

Terrific draining builds!

The sucking capabilities of the evul Klinguns (thanks to their gorgeous Orion chicks!:eek:) are well damn known to we poor Feds, but with a smart switching power levels, a battery or better a double battery to compensate for the loss of one or two subsystems energy and a fast tactical retreat, it's possible to avoid this vicious trap.
But when all...and I repeat all your four subsystems power drops almost to zero...what can you do? The answer is very simple...nothing!:(
And I've 9 in power insulators and put also a power insulator console!
This is happening to me in the last week at Ker'rat, where the bad guys always try dirty tricks against we good guys, so something was recently changed in order to become umbeatable a suck...ahem...a strong draining build.
Ehi...I'm not complaining at all...only saying a lot of bad words in my mind!:D
Then enlighten me evuls, how can you do that?
In any case you've to know this is very unfair, very bad, very OP, very...evul!:mad:

kamipoi 05-06-2013 02:10 PM

im going to assume its because they have alot more draining items available to them plasmatic leech/aceton assimilators/the fighters and the abilities that we share with them. its stacks up to a heap of drain and sadly all you can do is hope that you atleast kill the fighters before your capped out or your going to be in some serious trouble if you dont get some aid from an engineers eps power transfer

starwrathforever 05-06-2013 02:34 PM

They've the usual stuff...nah...something is wrong, something is changed...:confused:

mimey2 05-06-2013 02:37 PM

Got killed by a drain build?

That...

*puts on sunglasses*

...sucks.

But seriously, siphon drones are still extremely annoying. They basically are guaranteed to suck down all four systems to super low levels and seem to ignore any and all resist you have regardless.

Those alone are just stupid. Honestly, anybody with good points in PI can resist the rest of it pretty well. The problem isn't that you can't resist a drain build, it is that the siphons leave you with nearly no power to anything, and then after that, all the other junk sucks off the rest.

Have you been fighting House of Beautiful Orions? They seem to have been going into Ker'rat a lot these past few days.

What is most likely happening is that you are getting singled out and multi-targetted by drains. So it's no one person, it's most likely an entire team or more focused on draining and killing you in one swoop.

Siphons really need to get looked at again.

starwrathforever 05-06-2013 02:55 PM

Lol...I didn't want to give names but yes, they are the culprits!:D
I am one of their favorite targets so I'm always prepared for the worst, but this time the draining is far more effective than before.
Anyway they are all very good skilled players and probably their KDF Fleet is the best of the best now.
I think, however, the mechanics of the sucking synergy from the various items has been enhanced in some way.

tgebhardt 05-06-2013 02:58 PM

... I hope that they will not look at Siphone Drones again, because ... frankly they already suck as they are ... unfortunatly what ever those drone do, there drain has become rather lacking.

I got up against a group using the full spread of drain stuff: Acteon assimilators, plasmonic leach and siphone drones and my energy barley flickered. (shields and weapon power stay above 100 and engine power was around 60, aux was either off line or below 25, thanks to my aux to bat)

For your information I fly a sci bortas with a aux to battery build using fire at will. What I found interesting was that the Aceton Assimilators died after a few blast of my romulan plasma beams (I have the T4 Omega reputation power that grants a chance for kinetic damage with every hit)

starwrathforever 05-06-2013 03:13 PM

Yeah...your aux to bat build and faw are undoubtedly helping you, maybe consuming an aux battery immediately after being drained.

bitemepwe 05-06-2013 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tgebhardt (Post 9710411)
... I hope that they will not look at Siphone Drones again, because ... frankly they already suck as they are ... unfortunatly what ever those drone do, there drain has become rather lacking.

I got up against a group using the full spread of drain stuff: Acteon assimilators, plasmonic leach and siphone drones and my energy barley flickered. (shields and weapon power stay above 100 and engine power was around 60, aux was either off line or below 25, thanks to my aux to bat)

For your information I fly a sci bortas with a aux to battery build using fire at will. What I found interesting was that the Aceton Assimilators died after a few blast of my romulan plasma beams (I have the T4 Omega reputation power that grants a chance for kinetic damage with every hit)

Im actually more concerned about the Hold build some ingenius fed will devise using elite pets than the drain builds we klingons use.

Frankly I still think they balance each other in a way, CC versus drain, but holds really hinder those whom rely on movement to survive.

But hey, variety is the spice of life.

marc8219 05-06-2013 03:57 PM

HOBO just got T5 shipyard recently so you will see lots of us in Kerrat now with drain build Fleet Voquv's. My drain Fleet Voquv hasn't gone down unless being ganged up on by 4 or 5 people and subnucced so there isn't much you can do about it besides run while you still have engine power. We're taking Kerrat over:D

wraithshadow13 05-06-2013 04:00 PM

For me personally any time i PvP i make the unfortunate choice of PuG, so the only reason i get my starboard side handed to me is because the other team usually has better teamwork. The Drain builds are pretty annoying, but if it's not that it's some other build, and if it's not the klingons it's the feds with a better ship or console.

More than likely you are being singled out by more than one person, but at the same time it is possible that there has been a change in numbers some where. I've been reading a little here and there that GW has taken a bit of a hit recently, so it could coincide with the change there. All i can suggest it so try different batteries or tactics like the T5 romulan semi-cloak when you're at 0 power, just something to take you off the radar for a few seconds.