Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Galactic News Network (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Legacy of Romulus Dev Blog #16 (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=663081)

pwebranflakes 05-09-2013 01:00 PM

Legacy of Romulus Dev Blog #16

Systems Designer Jeremy "BorticusCryptic" Randall shares details about Romulan Warbird stats in this entry of the Legacy of Romulus News Dev Blog series.

Link to the blog.

johngazman 05-09-2013 01:00 PM

You, sir, are a gentleman and a scholar.

EDIT: Lt. Cmdr Tactical on the D'Deridex retro wooo. Please, please, please do not change that.

tsurutafan01 05-09-2013 01:05 PM

I have a lot of reading to do. Looking good so far though. Now I can start to plan those C-Store purchases.

EDIT: True Tactical, Engineering, and Science vessels at Tier 5. Very nice move, great to see. This expansion gets better and better.

lan451 05-09-2013 01:06 PM

Whoa.

Only one downside to this. I now cannot decide what ship I want to fly. And I'm okay with that. :P

umaeko 05-09-2013 01:09 PM

Quote:

Update! With the addition of these vessels becoming available for Subadmiral I Rank Romulan Captains, the T?varo Retrofit and Dehlan Retrofit have been upgraded from Subadmiral I Rank to Vice Admiral Rank vessels. This is consistent with Retrofit starships across all factions.
Why? :(

You were allowing those people getting them from Legacy Packs to get them early. I liked that. It meant I could get back to using my T'varo earlier and now you'll be making me wait 10 more levels for that.

It's not a big deal and I could just grind the extra 10 levels to get the ship I want to end up with, but that was a update I could've done without. It colloquial parlance, it's not an upgrade; it's a sucky change. >_>

The Dhael still just has concept art for it too. I guess it's not done yet.

Aren't most Fleet ship pictures just horizontal flips from the Retrofit pictures. That's too bad: I would've liked seeing what the Fleet romulan skin looked like.

atatassault 05-09-2013 01:10 PM

This article did not include the C-Store Version of the Ha'apax. Did you guys decide to nix that ship and the separation console?

cidstorm 05-09-2013 01:13 PM

The Ha'afeh is very reminiscent of old Star Fleet battles designs, and pretty great. I won't be flying it but it looks nice.

Over all the Ha'apax top side doesn't really live up to the concept art, just like the Valdore. Never the less I will still be picking some of them up for certain components. Eager for LOR. :)

Also, the Ha'kona or the Ha'retrofit should have a different skin. But I guess that way it fits in with the ODY and BORT visually.

raud1 05-09-2013 01:14 PM

Can the Valdore skin be applied to the Fleet Mogai? (are there any other Warbirds that can share skins?)

Does the Ha'apax have a separation console?

Some great designs and looking forward to flying them soon!

silveroakcm 05-09-2013 01:16 PM

Thnks much on the info. As a die hard carrier fan, any info on a when we might see carriers or flight deck ships for rommies?

zeuxidemus001 05-09-2013 01:18 PM

Everything sounds great with the ships I just wanna hear how they plan to make the T'varo with the EBC worth using an EBC because with shield tanking and such that EBC is nothing more than a gimmick against your run of the mill setups.