Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Tribble - General Discussion and Feedback (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=250)
-   -   Freedom Arc -- Potential Romulan BOFF/DOFF Candidate (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=664721)

amosov78 05-10-2013 09:34 AM

Freedom Arc -- Potential Romulan BOFF/DOFF Candidate

When beaming down to the planet in the Hfihar system during "Mine Enemy", there's a Romulan refugee from Virinat present, when talking to her one of the choices you get is an offer for her to return to your ship as a member of the crew.

I feel that this would be a good place to have an extra DOFF/BOFF reward for this mission; similar to how D'Vex joins your crew after the Elachi mission "Devil's Choice".

jheinig 05-10-2013 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amosov78 (Post 9812831)
When beaming down to the planet in the Hfihar system during "Mine Enemy", there's a Romulan refugee from Virinat present, when talking to her one of the choices you get is an offer for her to return to your ship as a member of the crew.

I feel that this would be a good place to have an extra DOFF/BOFF reward for this mission; similar to how D'Vex joins your crew after the Elachi mission "Devil's Choice".

Rai is a DOFF with a special ability.

amosov78 05-10-2013 11:24 AM

Really? I didn't see her in my roster when I was doing DOFF missions afterwards.

EDIT: Just a quick thought; does the Rai DOFF get rewarded even if you're forced to log out midway through the mission? I was half way through this mission, when the server went down for maintenance.

atatassault 05-10-2013 11:34 AM

Does this mean that Cryptic is implying that Remans are also descended from Vulcans?

kamenriderzero1 05-10-2013 11:40 AM

that has been the general assumption of about half of trekdom...

atatassault 05-10-2013 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kamenriderzero1 (Post 9815861)
that has been the general assumption of about half of trekdom...

Remans are so Nosferatu, It made sense to me that they were a primitive native species of Remus that the Romulans enslaved.

amosov78 05-10-2013 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by atatassault (Post 9815701)
Does this mean that Cryptic is implying that Remans are also descended from Vulcans?

I always sort of thought they were, having pointed ears and being telepathic probably doesn't mean much, but it would seem odd that the original Romulans would travel far off to a star system where there would be species that shared similar traits to themselves already there or nearby.

angus61 05-10-2013 11:47 AM

The 'Vulcan's Soul' trilogy of books gives the complete back-story. Whither it's canon or not, well who can say, but it is un-officially accepted as the actual history of the Remans.

f2pdrakron 05-10-2013 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amosov78 (Post 9815361)
EDIT: Just a quick thought; does the Rai DOFF get rewarded even if you're forced to log out midway through the mission? I was half way through this mission, when the server went down for maintenance.

Its automatic granted when you pick "you have a place on my ship", I noticed it since it shown up as a reward immediate after.

soleta63 05-19-2013 01:31 PM

Rai Duty officer can all Factions get her or just Romulan?

Quote:

Originally Posted by amosov78 (Post 9812831)

Quote:

Originally Posted by jheinig (Post 9814071)
Rai is a DOFF with a special ability.

Is it just for Romulan characters or can all factions, Klingon and federation have her?

I've tried getting her with all three factions only had luck with my Romulan and Klingon, did not join my Federation main.