Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Tribble - General Discussion and Feedback (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=250)
-   -   What Did You Do To Veril?!? (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=667111)

mattdawson 05-11-2013 03:59 AM

What Did You Do To Veril?!?

Cryptic, I have to ask; why did you change the look of Veril?

Her original appearance before the change to open beta was more in-keeping with the Reman aesthetics IMHO. Now she looks horrible.

Previous look

assimilatedktar 05-11-2013 04:01 AM

You can partly change her back to the old look. She now has three different head types, one very similar to the old one.

mattdawson 05-11-2013 04:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by assimilatedktar (Post 9832031)
You can partly change her back to the old look. She now has three different head types, one very similar to the old one.

Which is what I have tried, but I can't do an exact match. She was FAR better with the pre-open beta look, which IIRC was head 1 but with the spots texture. I've fudged it with head 2 but even so, I much preferred the original look.

Which brings me onto another point; why can't we change the spots look?

reximuz 05-11-2013 09:25 AM

Head 2 seems to be lacking a lot of options, like ways to color the lips or change the spot hues, and Remans seem to lack that greyish range of skin tones, they only get the romulan tones.

arcademaster 05-11-2013 12:56 PM

Why was this changed? She is ugly as sin now. Please revert it.

ayradyss 05-11-2013 01:02 PM

I liked her original look too. It's good to have the customization options, but can't we have options that'll make her look like she used to? Please and thank you. :)

sorceror01 05-11-2013 01:17 PM

I think her old look was essentially a placeholder. I mean, all it was was a standard female humanoid face, with Reman ears, spots, and brow ridges.
Now her face actually matches the male Remans in the flattened nose department.

azurianstar 05-11-2013 01:26 PM

I really liked her more feminine look in Closed Beta. The new version is feminine but just doesn't appeal to me.

But I love the various options she gets as a Reman, such as the Reman goggles (which seems to hint the aliens that faced Picard in finding B4 were Remans than aliens native to the world), a hood, and other interesting options.

Also, on Crateris, her appearance switched between the old version and the new one. Cryptic needs to fix that.

f2pdrakron 05-11-2013 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sorceror01 (Post 9849491)
I think her old look was essentially a placeholder. I mean, all it was was a standard female humanoid face, with Reman ears, spots, and brow ridges.
Now her face actually matches the male Remans in the flattened nose department.

Well the problem is that it gone from ...

Would, 9/10

To

How Horrifying, 2/10

We gone from teenager asian/alien chick to ARGH! ...

arcademaster 05-11-2013 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by azurianstar (Post 9849731)

Also, is it me but during her introduction on Crateris, her appearance switched between the old version and the new one?

Her ground model was changed, but the pre-rendered portraits when she chats during the mission still have the old graphics.