Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   PvP Gameplay (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=125)
-   -   Movie Wars!!! (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=673311)

maicake716 05-12-2013 07:45 PM

Movie Wars!!!
 
Thats right! the long awaited MOVIE WARS will be happening! on MAY 19th at 2pm EST

here's the rules-

No fleet gear. At all, of any kind.

No consoles that give a passive power are allowed.

no consoles that give an active power are allowed (unless where note)

deflectors/engines/shields- no set items of any kind, no fleet items of any kind.

No console/weapon set items of any kind!

no deployables of any kind for either side.

No doffs!!!!

the idea is to have fun using an appropriate era ship selection. please keep that in mind when selecting your bridge officer powers!


we'll meet at drozona space starting around 130pm est to establish teams, first match will be roughly around 2pm.

heres the MOVIE WARS, ship list (only tier 5 or fleet versions are allowed)-the list includes all ships seen in ANY of the star trek movies to date. but only their allowed tier 5/fleet versions. so no oberth, or connie at this time will be allowed.

each ship will be listed if it can use its console or not. if its not listed, it cant be used.


feds-
Nebula
Akira (may use torp console)
saber
steamrunner
soverign (its regent gas console thingy whos name escapes me now..... no not theta radation the other one)
galaxy (saucer seperation)
defiant
Norway
excelsior (transwarp console allowed)
millennium falcon (points if you know which movie this is from)

klingons-
D7/k'tinga
b'rel

(sorry klingons, theres not a whole lot of movies with you guys in them)


weapons-

all feds MUST use phasers, and can also use photon torps or quantum torps.

all klingons MUST use disruptors and can also use photon torps or quantum torps.

remember! the goal is to have fun!

see ya'll on sunday.


PLEASE let peeps know this ingame, i wont be on much during the week and the word must be spread!

darkfader1988 05-12-2013 08:11 PM

Lets all install the Season 1 client again and reverse engineer the game, we can make our own server tool and host a private STO server!

Yippeeeee!!!

maicake716 05-12-2013 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darkfader1988 (Post 9891031)
Lets all install the Season 1 client again and reverse engineer the game, we can make our own server tool and host a private STO server!

Yippeeeee!!!

No need to be an ass man. Every themed event I've held has had rules that are basically these.

thegrimcorsair 05-12-2013 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darkfader1988 (Post 9891031)
Lets all install the Season 1 client again and reverse engineer the game, we can make our own server tool and host a private STO server!

Yippeeeee!!!

Is... is that drunk trolling or sober trolling? I can never tell.

Mai, when you say Sunday, you mean a week from today, right? My Delorean's out of plutonium (the prices are effing ridiculous) so I can't make it if it was earlier today.

maicake716 05-12-2013 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thegrimcorsair (Post 9891961)
Is... is that drunk trolling or sober trolling? I can never tell.

Mai, when you say Sunday, you mean a week from today, right? My Delorean's out of plutonium (the prices are effing ridiculous) so I can't make it if it was earlier today.

Yes, next Sunday the 19th.


And I'd get the mr fusion as soon as possible for your delorean. It makes fuel available everywhere :)

edalgo 05-13-2013 09:21 AM

Do we even have the Norway class in this game?

misterde3 05-13-2013 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by edalgo (Post 9900361)
Do we even have the Norway class in this game?

We don't.

/10 char

webdeath 05-13-2013 09:54 AM

So a Millennium Falcon eh? Can it use it's "Here me baby hold together" Console, or it's "Don't get Cocky Kid!" Blaster Turret? How about it's "Now let's Blow this Joint and go home!" Deflector Shield? :D

misterde3 05-13-2013 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by webdeath (Post 9900991)
So a Millennium Falcon eh? Can it use it's "Here me baby hold together" Console, or it's "Don't get Cocky Kid!" Blaster Turret? How about it's "Now let's Blow this Joint and go home!" Deflector Shield? :D

Considering the movie it was in, my guess would be it gets special red plasma turrets with anti-borg proc.

maicake716 05-13-2013 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by misterde3 (Post 9900731)
We don't.

/10 char

Ah my bad, I thought it shared the same skin as the Akira...


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:57 AM.