Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Windows and General: PC, Network, and Other Technical Issues (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=401)
-   -   Well, so much for "trying out" STO. (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=67693)

Archived Post 01-17-2010 11:13 AM

Well, so much for "trying out" STO.
 
17 hrs after Downloading the beta I still can't log on ! Sever busy msg. I can't recommend a game I can't try out lol.

Archived Post 01-17-2010 11:16 AM

Isn't beta supposed to be about testing, bug reporting, stressing server capacity, etc? Sure getting in beta can help you make a decision about a game, but that's a side effect and not the purpose.

Archived Post 01-17-2010 11:19 AM

Well, I can't look for bugs if i can't log in can i? :P

Archived Post 01-17-2010 11:21 AM

It takes me 2-3 mins to log on when the server is full.

Just keep loggng in back to back. Not logging in once or twice, then going afk for half an hr.

Archived Post 01-17-2010 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thalaran (Post 1485531)
Well, I can't look for bugs if i can't log in can i? :P

It's a beta test, not a free trial. Looks like the server has got a 6th sense.

Archived Post 01-17-2010 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MentalMaden (Post 1485484)
Isn't beta supposed to be about testing, bug reporting, stressing server capacity, etc? Sure getting in beta can help you make a decision about a game, but that's a side effect and not the purpose.

I think he's just tired of testing and looking for bugs in the login screen :D

Archived Post 01-17-2010 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeymike
I think he's just tired of testing and looking for bugs in the login screen :D

lol /agree =)

Archived Post 01-17-2010 11:31 AM

>_>

I just wedge my enter key down until I get in and read till then.

Archived Post 01-17-2010 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thalaran (Post 1485531)
Well, I can't look for bugs if i can't log in can i? :P

But you didn't complain you couldn't look for bugs, you complained you can't recommend the game to anyone. :P

Archived Post 01-17-2010 11:37 AM

It better not be like this at launch. If it is I will be ****ed. I know the exuse already..."we did not know that the servers could not support the ammount of subscriptions." But yet they brag about "STO most antispated game of the year."


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:50 AM.