Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   The Foundry for Star Trek Online - Bug Reports (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=212)
-   -   Ships vanishing, borg ships disappear and reappear. (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=676991)

iceaxe18 05-14-2013 03:03 PM

Ships vanishing, borg ships disappear and reappear.

I was testing out the enemy ships, and I find that they will disappear on me, and I wasn't even finish with that group of ships to kill off. Another thing that happens if I put a borg ship in space, and fight the borg ship it will disappear, and then reappear in a far off distance. One other thing is when one of those borg ships disappear, and reappear I saw some small explosions, and I found out there were security falling out of no where shooting at the borg in space.

deaftravis05 05-14-2013 03:07 PM

yeah, I've noticed those glitches. They don't seem to be there ingame

psycoticvulcan 05-14-2013 03:57 PM

That bug's been here for a while. Hopefully it'll get fixed soon.

drogyn1701 05-14-2013 04:34 PM

Best advice right now is don't test combat in the Foundry map test. Put the mobs where you think they should go, as near as you can guess to what you're going to want, and then do a test publish to test combat balance.

As far as progressing the objectives while doing an in-Foundry map test, I suggest targeting them all and hitting the kill mob button as fast as you can, then move on to the next objective.

markhawkman 05-15-2013 11:01 AM

what Drogyn said...

I call this the 0/0/0 Point bug. Usually when boffs or enemies disappear they get relocated to the 0/0/0 point on the map.... usually.

My KDF mission "Diplomacy in the Gamma Quadrant" had the space battle tweaked so that it takes place in the general vicinity of the 0/0/0 point thus making it less noticable.

kirksplat 05-15-2013 01:47 PM

We have to publish to test combat, as others have said. Preview is only reliable for building sets. It also affects ground npcs, if they are set to wander or jobs. They are nowhere to be found in preview.

tzolkin2012 12-15-2013 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by psycoticvulcan (Post 9932761)
That bug's been here for a while. Hopefully it'll get fixed soon.

If you place a battleship group, and join the mission as a team the battle ships become dreadnoughts, and tough ones at that. I had 4 people on my team, they may appear with 3 but when playing with 2 people 2 battleships appeared.

tzolkin2012 12-15-2013 12:53 PM

If you place a battleship group, and join the mission as a team the battle ships become dreadnoughts, and tough ones at that. I had 4 people on my team, they may appear with 3 but when playing with 2 people 2 battleships appeared.

markhawkman 12-15-2013 02:01 PM

yeah, space mobs get upgraded based on the number of players.

starswordc 12-19-2013 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tzolkin2012 (Post 14052521)

That's normal behavior. When you run any mission, not just one of ours, in a team, the game automatically increases the number of space mobs in strict accordance with this chart. In ground missions the other players instead take up slots on your away team that would normally hold a boff.