Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Windows and General: PC, Network, and Other Technical Issues (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=401)
-   -   Constant "server not responding" and DC (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=680911)

kokobello 05-16-2013 10:30 AM

Constant "server not responding" and DC

I am, since yesterday, getting constant "server not responding" and then getting disconnected everytime i am moving from one map to another.
Makes tasks taking twice as long to do.....sigh

Anybody else?

colonelsink 05-16-2013 05:43 PM

On Tribble yes, but not so much on holodeck.

treveli45 05-18-2013 05:47 AM

Been on Tribble this last week, so don't know how often it's happening, but this morning I logged in with a char on Memory Alpha, beamed to ship, then went to my bridge, and got server DC during the load screen. Alt-tabbed and closed STO, restarted, logged in, went to the load screen and got the same thing. After five or ten minutes I logged in and the char was put in Memory Alpha orbit, went to bridge again, same DC.

Additional oddity is the launcher popped up each time I closed the game, acted like it was patching for a few seconds, then vanished.

rikev 05-18-2013 06:19 AM

I'm getting this on Live servers rendering the game unplayable. :|

tethran1 05-18-2013 12:42 PM

Getting this on live servers as well.
Loading reaches "40.72" then "SERVER NOT RESPONDING ( s)" is displayed.
Occurs changing maps or attempting to enter the bridge of the ship.
Can take up to 10 minutes to change map. :mad:

Note. This only affects STO. Other MMO games played are unaffected suggesting it's an issue on the STO end rather than my connection.

logsword 05-18-2013 12:51 PM

I have been experiencing the same thing, no matter where I go it will give me the message, and if I wait long enough I'll be able to enter the map, but it takes close to 2 or 3 minutes, and if I'm switching a lot or trying to do a mission it's really annoying :mad:

ivannanuke 05-18-2013 12:53 PM

99 STO bugs on the list 99 bugs in all, if a STO tester was given a semester their would still be 99 STO bugs on the list.

shadowaudsley 05-18-2013 01:05 PM

Same I'm on 660 server not responding was goin to 40 but now 600, 700 I can't play like this put up with it all day now it's a joke :(

epichrome 05-18-2013 01:56 PM

Same issue. "Server Not Responding" whenever changing zones, landing on a planet, etc. Coming back to the game after a long time away to check it out... this does not make me want to re-up my subscription....

calistobrady 05-18-2013 03:06 PM

Yep. Add this to the list of issues plaguing this game.

So for the last month the reliability just gets worse and worse.

They bandaid patch it up via various "Emergency Maintenance" responses after outages but to no avail.

Look at the threads on here Cryptic. Read what people are saying. Don't just look here. Look on Facebook as well. See a trend? People are pissed off, annoyed and unhappy with this level of service. Yes for many it's just a "free" game, but for many others they have paid through your C-Store, subscriptions and then there's lifers like me. I invested in this game as a Trekkie but I now feel ripped off and disappointed.