Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Tribble - General Discussion and Feedback (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=250)
-   -   Color Palette (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=681911)

colonelchenchuan 05-16-2013 07:13 PM

Color Palette
 
I am trying to wrap my head around what is happening with our color choices.

I had both a KDF and Fed aligned before the wipe. This time I just did KDF. Previously we had the same palette for all items start to finish. Now it seems that once you align you get a different, limited palette for SOME items. Some items have one palette when you start then change to the limited.

Here are the two palettes I can pick from: http://postimg.org/image/v608quyxd/

Some items use the top one and some the bottom.

I am looking for a Romulan Fed aligned to see if they have the same palette or a different one being Fed.

I dont think we should be penalized because we picked Klingons. Or Feds. We should have the same "ROMULAN" palette available regardless of alignment.

sopwithsnipe 05-16-2013 07:48 PM

The color palette sucks in this game on both characters and ships.

daemonheld 05-16-2013 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by colonelchenchuan (Post 9988891)
I am trying to wrap my head around what is happening with our color choices.

I had both a KDF and Fed aligned before the wipe. This time I just did KDF. Previously we had the same palette for all items start to finish. Now it seems that once you align you get a different, limited palette for SOME items. Some items have one palette when you start then change to the limited.

Here are the two palettes I can pick from: http://postimg.org/image/v608quyxd/

Some items use the top one and some the bottom.

I am looking for a Romulan Fed aligned to see if they have the same palette or a different one being Fed.

I dont think we should be penalized because we picked Klingons. Or Feds. We should have the same "ROMULAN" palette available regardless of alignment.


AAAAAANNND that palette should be the same for each and every costume piece.. instead of a mix.. and don't even mention the idiocy of locking colors across random, inconsistent pieces.. ugh. Less than a week to launch and they STILL haven't fixed that one.

neok182 05-16-2013 07:56 PM

I've been just hoping that these are all placeholder palettes and they'll be fixed when it comes to holodeck.

if not, then it's a huge failure.

gpgtx 05-16-2013 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daemonheld (Post 9989611)

AAAAAANNND that palette should be the same for each and every costume piece.. instead of a mix.. and don't even mention the idiocy of locking colors across random, inconsistent pieces.. ugh. Less than a week to launch and they STILL haven't fixed that one.

that the big one for me is the locked palettes on 2 pieces that share nothing in common like the shoulder pads and under shirt

WHY?????

druhin 05-16-2013 08:09 PM

The "original" in your above image looks a hell of a lot better than the "aligned" version. Wish that one (original) would be used for all characters regardless of alignment or race.

colonelchenchuan 05-16-2013 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by druhin (Post 9989781)
The "original" in your above image looks a hell of a lot better than the "aligned" version. Wish that one (original) would be used for all characters regardless of alignment or race.

Thats your starting palette. You use that palette until you pick alignment. Then after you align many peices cant use that palette anymore. even tho at say level 8 you could have the same jacket in green. Its only some pieces.

So its the same two palettes for the feds? So am I restricted because im KDF and KDF has a limited palette - even though I have no KDF clothing options. Or both fraction use the two?

I dont mind there being a "Romulan" specific palette and I am down with the one we start with. But it shouldnt change arbitrarily

gpgtx 05-16-2013 08:29 PM

looks like a KDF aligned bug as this is the palette fed aligned can use

http://i608.photobucket.com/albums/t...psbaeb3eba.jpg

colonelchenchuan 05-16-2013 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gpgtx (Post 9990041)
looks like a KDF aligned bug as this is the palette fed aligned can use

http://i608.photobucket.com/albums/t...psbaeb3eba.jpg

so thats the palette for ALL your items. and not just some?

If so thats just so not right. Romulans should not be restricted on Romulan items because they picked KDF.

gpgtx 05-16-2013 10:59 PM

i will have to double check but i believe so


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:21 AM.