Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Tribble - General Discussion and Feedback (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=250)
-   -   Beta Reward Idea (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=683321)

tancrediiv 05-17-2013 03:09 PM

Beta Reward Idea

So, sitting here waiting for yet another patch to finish, with a slow down at 83%, I begin to think.

We are nearing go time for LoR. Great. Many have put in a number of hours away from their fleets, characters, and Holodeck, troubleshooting this great new addition to the game we enjoy.

We are to receive a reward of some type for Beta weekend and I thought to myself, "Self, what would be a great gift from Cryptic for all that fun work?"

And I answered, "How about letting us keep these characters we have played up in Beta and allowing them to be transferred to Holodeck?"

What a fantastic idea. Can this be done? It would allow all to keep the effort of days playing through content. Can Cryptic "Make It So"?

defalus 05-17-2013 03:12 PM

Keep dreaming. :P

Going by previous rewards and the forthcoming Tholian Rep, it's a safe bet that it's a tribble that poops Nukara marks with a 1 hour CD.

tancrediiv 05-17-2013 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by defalus (Post 10008941)
Keep dreaming. :P

Going by previous rewards and the forthcoming Tholian Rep, it's a safe bet that it's a tribble that poops Nukara marks with a 1 hour CD.

Maybe. Thats the trend. But never hurts to post a better idea and see what happens. ;)

azntrigboi 05-17-2013 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tancrediiv (Post 10009021)
Maybe. Thats the trend. But never hurts to post a better idea and see what happens. ;)

"Better". Interesting choice of words. My choice would have been "greedy". :rolleyes:

erei1 05-17-2013 03:34 PM

Yeah, and bring back ALL the reputation item for free, from the tribble DS9 trader :)
I've no problem with that !

sollvax 05-17-2013 03:36 PM

Id quite like the tribble

szerontzur 05-17-2013 03:40 PM

Eh, I thought it would be neat to get a claimable veteran Tovan Khev boff for Federation and KDF captains.

I mean, this is an expansion and not just some season update, right? Why not celebrate it with something more than 'just another tribble'?

That said, and personally speaking, my 'reward' is the hope that I helped make the game just a little bit better by reporting bugs and offering feedback.

ladymyajha 05-17-2013 03:44 PM

If I recall, this has been asked before, just about every other major Tribble release. The devs have stopped responding, but I remember one of them mentioning that the code on Tribble was slightly different from the code on live, and the two wouldn't match for some reason.

kregor 05-17-2013 03:45 PM

Just... no.

That's not even a remotely good idea.

daan2006 05-17-2013 04:05 PM

also long as its not a trib to go to my bank to get dusty I will be happy but it will more then likely be one like 99% of all test rewards have been