Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Tribble - Bug Reports (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=229)
-   -   [MustFix] Allied bridge officers do not have the "Train" option (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=683651)

umaeko 05-17-2013 06:26 PM

[MustFix] Allied bridge officers do not have the "Train" option

On my Federation-allied Romulan character, I am unable to use allied bridge officers to train skills to my commissioned bridge officers.

When I click on them to open up the dialog that should allow me to have them either train or join my crew... I only get "Join" or the option to cancel.

This is pretty major roadblock to optimizing one's bridge crew, save for common romulan officers and the bridge officers you obtain on level up (whom are few, some directly commissioned, and some from your allied faction).

Found a good trill tactical officer with Beam Overload 3? You can't train it to your existing characters. Want to have that Jem'hadar from the 4028 prison mission train someone other than Tovan with Torpedo Spread III? You can't. Do you happen to have found a Boff with Attack Pattern Omega 3 you could've taught to one of your bridge crew? You can't.

I heartily recommend this be attended to before launch.

tegana1 05-23-2013 07:21 AM

I have the same thing occurring, and it is now after launch.

adamofnod 12-17-2013 11:45 PM

Okay seriously? This was reported in May and it has still not been fixed by December?

I realize that I'm new here and all, but this is... illogical.

Would be really nice if I could train my Romulan/Reman crew now that I've picked a side. (Klingon)

Please fix this... or at least tell me what, in my bountiful ignorance, I'm doing wrong.

solemkof 12-18-2013 01:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adamofnod (Post 14098721)
Okay seriously? This was reported in May and it has still not been fixed by December?

I realize that I'm new here and all, but this is... illogical.

Would be really nice if I could train my Romulan/Reman crew now that I've picked a side. (Klingon)

Please fix this... or at least tell me what, in my bountiful ignorance, I'm doing wrong.

There is a workaround (at least it worked for me) : add a cheap allied BOff, who is of the same department (tac/sci/eng) as the BO you want to train, from the exchange to your crew; the allied BO candidate will now train your officers; you can discard the 'decoy' afterwards. If you don't have free BO-slots, you'll need to purchase some (2 slots @ 250 Zen).

p.s.: Last time I tried it, you needed a decoy for every single department, e.g. commisioned allied tac BO does not enable training from allied sci BO-candidates.

adamofnod 12-18-2013 02:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by solemkof (Post 14099831)
p.s.: Last time I tried it, you needed a decoy for every single department, e.g. commisioned allied tac BO does not enable training from allied sci BO-candidates.

Thanks for the reply solemkof, especially that last part which would explain some inconsistencies I ran into.

mattjohnsonva 02-06-2014 10:10 AM

Yes this is a necro post, and you know why? BECAUSE it still hasn't been fixed!!!!!!!!!

Thankfully the workaround still works but my God people, this is a major inconvenience and if I hadn't have found THIS post I doubt I'd have got it sorted.

mightybobcnc 02-07-2014 12:53 AM

Cryptic Studios, batting 1000.