Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   C-Store, ZEN, and Promotions (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=200)
-   -   Lifetime Subscription Sale? (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=686761)

ardargo 05-19-2013 11:16 PM

Lifetime Subscription Sale?
 
Does anyone know if there is going to be a lifetime subscription sale soon?
In the past, it's been s.o.p. with any significant new release.
Im ready 2 make a commitment, but would prefer to save what i can.

phyrexianhero 05-19-2013 11:34 PM

This comes up fairly frequently.

To recap:
  • Cryptic will obviously not announce exactly when sales are, since that'd stop most people from buying it when it's not on sale.
  • Executive Producer Dan Stahl has said there will be approximately two lifetime sales per year.
  • There have been 2 sales (bringing price from $300 to $200) since the game went F2P, both in 2012: June 5-29 and October 9-November 12.
  • Lifetime members receive all the veteran rewards (from 100 days to 1000 days) immediately. They will then get a 500 zen stipend each month for the lifetime of the game. Additional perks include ability to play as a Liberated Borg Human or Klingon.
  • They also get gold member benefits like expanded bank and inventory slots, character slots, respec tokens when they level up, etc.

If I had to make a guess, Legacy of Romulus would be a good time for a lifetime sale with all the new players checking it out and old players returning.

reyan01 05-20-2013 12:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phyrexianhero (Post 10059071)
This comes up fairly frequently.

To recap:
  • Cryptic will obviously not announce exactly when sales are, since that'd stop most people from buying it when it's not on sale.
  • Executive Producer Dan Stahl has said there will be approximately two lifetime sales per year.
  • There have been 2 sales (bringing price from $300 to $200) since the game went F2P, both in 2012: June 5-29 and October 9-November 12.
  • Lifetime members receive all the veteran rewards (from 100 days to 1000 days) immediately. They will then get a 500 zen stipend each month for the lifetime of the game. Additional perks include ability to play as a Liberated Borg Human or Klingon.
  • They also get gold member benefits like expanded bank and inventory slots, character slots, respec tokens when they level up, etc.

If I had to make a guess, Legacy of Romulus would be a good time for a lifetime sale with all the new players checking it out and old players returning.

And one would assume that we'll have the option as playing a liberated Borg Romulan from tomorrow.

ardargo 05-20-2013 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reyan01 (Post 10059361)
And one would assume that we'll have the option as playing a liberated Borg Romulan from tomorrow.

This was going to be my next question, pending the lifetime subscription purchase.

qjunior 05-20-2013 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reyan01 (Post 10059361)
And one would assume that we'll have the option as playing a liberated Borg Romulan from tomorrow.

No need to assume ! We do get the Liberated Borg Option for Romulans. :)

grouchyotaku 05-21-2013 11:36 AM

And this was posted this morning...
Quote:

To celebrate the launch of Legacy of Romulus, lifetime subscriptions are on sale from now until June 21st, 2013 at 10AM PDT!
http://sto.perfectworld.com/news/?p=894581

jelly0 05-21-2013 03:05 PM

Shame UK players have to pay VAT on top of that, only thing stopping me from getting it when I scrounge up enough money.

bluegrassgeek 05-21-2013 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jelly0 (Post 10133261)
Shame UK players have to pay VAT on top of that, only thing stopping me from getting it when I scrounge up enough money.

Heh, glad you noticed that. This guy obviously didn't get the memo.

snakevorerules 05-21-2013 07:41 PM

i am glad that they put it on sale once in a while but
i look at it this way i spent on this game probably close to 800 dollars or more by now including buying the romulan 125 dollar pack the day they announced it. I have played this since it went free to play. i know gold and lifers get the better stuff but shesh you think after spending all the money they mgiht think hey maybe we should make a 3rd class for people who give us alot of cash for cryptic points.other games do .. would be kinda like this

lifers:you buy for 200(if on sale)-300 dollars
gold: monthly payments(if i am right)
prefered user:person who has spent soo much on cryptic points will get a few bonuses but not as many as gold and lifers

ficr 05-21-2013 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snakevorerules (Post 10176721)
i am glad that they put it on sale once in a while but
i look at it this way i spent on this game probably close to 800 dollars or more by now including buying the romulan 125 dollar pack the day they announced it. I have played this since it went free to play. i know gold and lifers get the better stuff but shesh you think after spending all the money they mgiht think hey maybe we should make a 3rd class for people who give us alot of cash for cryptic points.other games do .. would be kinda like this

lifers:you buy for 200(if on sale)-300 dollars
gold: monthly payments(if i am right)
prefered user:person who has spent soo much on cryptic points will get a few bonuses but not as many as gold and lifers

Prefered users: You did get bonuses that gold and lifers did not get...The Romulan Pack

You're not the first to complain. There are plenty of old threads where gold players complain about everything silver players get.

I started silver last winter. Then got the collectors edition at discount (free 30 days). Now I'm a happy lifer.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:19 PM.