Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Ten Forward (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=129)
-   -   Ask CatStar (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=691821)

catstarsto 05-21-2013 03:26 PM

Ask CatStar

Greetings, I am Thomas Caitian, aka CatStar, and I offer the readers of this forum the same oportunity to ask thier questions of thier old friend CatStar, as I offered on my website. Everyone who has Trekked up this mountain to seek an answer from this cat, will be offered one question. (Nothing dirty) No question will be considered too silly, but I cant guarantee the answer wont be. :3

I will answer all questions as soon as possible so check back often if yours hasent been answered yet.

ricorosebud 05-21-2013 05:26 PM

A ball of yarn and a laser pointer are both threatening the universe as we know it, which do you attempt to claw first?

catstarsto 05-22-2013 05:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ricorosebud (Post 10158841)
A ball of yarn and a laser pointer are both threatening the universe as we know it, which do you attempt to claw first?

=O.O= You sir are Diabolical! To imagine such a dire paradox, could leave a cat in a maddening state of Psychosis. The yarn in all its fantastic fluff begs one to pounce, and attack, its very essence demands a 4 pawed action, to subdue this tempting target with the utmost satifaction! On the other hand the red dot..."That red dot" the bane of a cats excistance, how it has alluded us for decades; its mysterious and evil nature to this day plagues cat and kitt alike, to the very level of a Shakespearean drama! A Paradox in deed...

But to settle this one must ask himself, what enemy has yet to be subdued, what enemy and all that it is has to...ney, MUST be caught?!! The answer is simple, the red dot!! While a ball of yarn can be captured and taken down, even if it requires an intense fight, the red dot...that mysterious phantom, is the infamous and relentless bane of the cat world, just like a tribble is to a Klingon. The Red Dot must die!!

:3

phlash4 05-27-2013 12:17 AM

With all the wars that are happening lately, Klingons verses Federation, Tal Shiar vs Romulan Republic and Borg verses...well, everything else, my question is...why can't we all just get along?

Ta,

p.s. If I am Federation and have a scary looking ship like a Tal Shiar Adapted Battle Cruiser will I get shot down by mistake?

crabbycabby 05-27-2013 12:51 AM

Ground skills

Do my captain's skills apply to / modify my BOFF's abilities?

For example: If I have skills that improve my weapons accuracy does it also improve my BOFF's weapon accuracy?

Which is better: to nap in the sunlight or on my humans lap?

catstarsto 05-27-2013 02:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phlash4 (Post 10383841)
With all the wars that are happening lately, Klingons verses Federation, Tal Shiar vs Romulan Republic and Borg verses...well, everything else, my question is...why can't we all just get along?

Ta,

p.s. If I am Federation and have a scary looking ship like a Tal Shiar Adapted Battle Cruiser will I get shot down by mistake?

They did try for peace, but the movies didnt sell as well, so they contacted the Ferengi trade union and formed a plan..."War is good for buisness" They all agreed and tried it out, the box office tickets, lockbox ships and new reputation gear went over very well, and now all the races have decided to keep the war so they can live the good life, everyone is buying thier products now. So if you think about it, in thier own way they do get along...except for the Borg, they are still mad that they didn't get thier own ground set yet as they where here long before the Tholians where added. The others tried to console them that the armor and kits do make Federation players look like wired up cyborgs, but I don't think they are buying it.

P.S. Answer: I think being in a specialty ship, getting shot down will never be an accident. Infact I found your bounty poster all over Karrat. ^^

catstarsto 05-27-2013 02:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crabbycabby (Post 10384151)
Do my captain's skills apply to / modify my BOFF's abilities?

For example: If I have skills that improve my weapons accuracy does it also improve my BOFF's weapon accuracy?

Which is better: to nap in the sunlight or on my humans lap?

As far as I can tell, your bridge officers ground abilities are only what you rank them up to be when training them. They have thier own personal abilities, some can be changed by a bridge officer trainer. You can click on one and see thier personal stats and passives. You can also scroll your pointer over your toons or BoFFs weapons and gear to see the calculated resultes of some bonuses, like criticals. But the only place I can find where YOUR toons skills affect your bridge officers abilities is in space. You can even select one of thier abilities in the bar above to see what you need to add to enhance thier abilities better. But don't feel bad, the sidekick/s can't be better then the hero.

Whick is better quote: when sleep times comes about any comfortable place is good, but sleeping on your human assures you know where they are at, should hunger or the need for a hug arrise. =^.^=

catstarsto 05-27-2013 02:40 AM

Annoymously i've been asked what "The Red Dot" is. Activate a laser pointer, look in the direction you aimed, viola! ...gasp! Its back :O

catstarsto 05-27-2013 12:24 PM

Something funny I had to share, a player I game with often, read this thread and mentioned to me they think this makes Cat the Guinan of the Ten Forward forum. But Whoopy Goldberg had a clean shaven face, this Cat has a pelt of soft grey fur so I think GuyNyan would work better =^,^=
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74HlsUaYOpw

cmdrscarlet 05-28-2013 06:19 AM

To forgive is to forget ... but if you forget then have you forgiven?