Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Federation Gameplay (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=165)
-   -   Crystalline Catastro-what-the-frack? (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=694781)

ddesjardins 05-21-2013 10:55 PM

Crystalline Catastro-what-the-frack?

I had heard the regeneration was turned up a notch. As was the damage she could output.

So a group of nine 'serious' STF'ers from the DPS5000 channel decided to prove the posters wrong. We're talking about a dedicated group of players who have spent months creating ships of sheer dps goodness. You know... the people we often mock because they can break 10kdps without a sweat.

Combat started smoothly. We were gonna take this crystalline curmudgeon down!

95% - we lost our first team-mate. Single shot destruction.

90% - 4 members killed in the energy outburst. The tanks melted.

85% - we lost a player to rage quit. he was the random dude in our equation.

The the fun started, or the lack of fun. Barrage of barrage, drawing away the shards, working as teams going in and out - nothing worked. DPS spikes in excess of 100K, and the beastie laughed it off. We even tried warp core breeches on purpose....

We never got her below 81%. She would heal with each barrage.

There's something seriously wrong with her mechanics of this event. Given most of us had successfully beaten it in the past many,many times, the changes in the recent patch were just evil.

Now if only I could actually access the bank without timing out.....

molaigh 05-22-2013 07:02 AM

This makes me very happy - the game needs some challenges.

Did you try sci powers?

stirling191 05-22-2013 07:11 AM

I'll refer you to this thread

Short version: Regen in Elite CC is borked.

futurepastnow 05-22-2013 09:06 AM

The team I tried it with got the beast to 66% or so, at which point we decided the effort was futile. Every time it killed someone, the DPS slacked off enough to let it regen.

16.5 million in damage output over a 15-minute period. I wish I had the CE's resistance level.

reyan01 05-22-2013 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ddesjardins (Post 10191881)
I had heard the regeneration was turned up a notch. As was the damage she could output.

So a group of nine 'serious' STF'ers from the DPS5000 channel decided to prove the posters wrong. We're talking about a dedicated group of players who have spent months creating ships of sheer dps goodness. You know... the people we often mock because they can break 10kdps without a sweat.

Combat started smoothly. We were gonna take this crystalline curmudgeon down!

95% - we lost our first team-mate. Single shot destruction.

90% - 4 members killed in the energy outburst. The tanks melted.

85% - we lost a player to rage quit. he was the random dude in our equation.

The the fun started, or the lack of fun. Barrage of barrage, drawing away the shards, working as teams going in and out - nothing worked. DPS spikes in excess of 100K, and the beastie laughed it off. We even tried warp core breeches on purpose....

We never got her below 81%. She would heal with each barrage.

There's something seriously wrong with her mechanics of this event. Given most of us had successfully beaten it in the past many,many times, the changes in the recent patch were just evil.

Now if only I could actually access the bank without timing out.....

Sounds to me like the Elite version is basically the pre-revamp version of the CE, because that's exactly how it used to be before the revision.

mrspam404 05-22-2013 10:17 PM

I heard its bugged and they know about it already.

matridunadan1 05-23-2013 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by futurepastnow (Post 10208471)
16.5 million in damage output over a 15-minute period. I wish I had the CE's resistance level.

Feels like multiple hundreds of thousands of points regen per second.

Unicron wishes he had the CE's resistance level.

roejspinodji 05-23-2013 03:50 AM

Yeah, this mission is awesome.... played it yesterday... full shields, full hull, jevonite ablative prototype armour, 2 armours in engi slots.... got one hitted by 146K dmg - instakill.....
Thats what I call "challenging"...
Actually we had a pretty good professional fleet team, 1 wells healer/science, 4 pure dmg-dealer with each of them easily exceeding 15K dps.... got it down to 68 %. Not more....
The problem is the healing, if one of your team dies (and they die very fast with these extreme spike dmgs dealt by the crystalline lifeform), you dont make enough dps to get it down and to overcome its healing.
But.... challenging mission, not bad. If you tune it a bit (not too much, maybe decrease the entity's regeneration rate and limit the spike dmg. to 100K, so with full shields you have a chance to survive the blasts), we have a mission, which really deserves the "elite" status.
Not bad, not bad....

ferdzso0 05-23-2013 04:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by molaigh (Post 10204601)
Did you try sci powers?

them guyz?
srsly tho, I feel sometimes I am the only sci in that channel ^^

overlapo 05-23-2013 05:05 AM

Don't bother. One of the developers said that the regen is borked and posted some numbers. You need a team with an average dps over 18000 just to get past the first part, and the regeneration goes up from there.