Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   The Academy (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=127)
-   -   Best Race For Melee DAMAGE (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=700711)

leonidas423 05-22-2013 09:17 PM

Best Race For Melee DAMAGE

Hey guys, just wondering what the best race for melee damage is. I do 236 melee damage per hit, 221 DPS with my SS using my Vulcan Tac, no buffs. Just wondering if any other race is more suited to dealing more damage in melee then the Vulcan.

boydzinj 05-25-2013 03:36 PM

I found the Gorn with their bite, make a good option for melee combat.

age03 05-25-2013 06:20 PM

I would say liberated borg.

majortiraomega 05-25-2013 06:37 PM

Klingons win melee hands down. The "Honorable Warrior" required trait gives them +15% melee and + 15% critical severety, physical strength gives them +15% more melee, aggressive for +5% more melee, acute senses + covert traits for 20% more exploit damage, and lucky for critical hit chance. If you throw in advanced fleet armor you can get another 20% more melee damage. Toss in 3 purple security duty officers for critical hit chance and severety for a grand total of +55% melee damage, +20% exploit damage, +27% critical hit chance, and +115% critical severety. And that is without adding a few other things I can think of if your character is a tactical officer. Gorn characters don't come anywhere close to the amount of damage a klingon can do with melee.

grayfoxjames 05-25-2013 10:18 PM

I'd have to agree with Klingon being best at melee. However, I've noticed that my Caitian bridge officer kicks some serious butt on ground. While my other bridge officers and I are aiming our phasers, my Caitian is already busy drop kicking enemies left and right.

leonidas423 05-26-2013 12:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by majortiraomega (Post 10352021)
Klingons win melee hands down. The "Honorable Warrior" required trait gives them +15% melee and + 15% critical severety, physical strength gives them +15% more melee, aggressive for +5% more melee, acute senses + covert traits for 20% more exploit damage, and lucky for critical hit chance. If you throw in advanced fleet armor you can get another 20% more melee damage. Toss in 3 purple security duty officers for critical hit chance and severety for a grand total of +55% melee damage, +20% exploit damage, +27% critical hit chance, and +115% critical severety. And that is without adding a few other things I can think of if your character is a tactical officer. Gorn characters don't come anywhere close to the amount of damage a klingon can do with melee.

True, thanks, although anyone can get the armor, and the percentages only make a 7-8 damage diffrence.

bluegrassgeek 05-26-2013 07:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grayfoxjames (Post 10355711)
I'd have to agree with Klingon being best at melee. However, I've noticed that my Caitian bridge officer kicks some serious butt on ground. While my other bridge officers and I are aiming our phasers, my Caitian is already busy drop kicking enemies left and right.

"Pounce" is one of the most fun abilities in the game. Nothing quite as satisfying as finishing off an enemy by having a cat knock them down. :D

age03 05-28-2013 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by majortiraomega (Post 10352021)

I disagree Humans would be slightly more in melee with thier Intelligence and leadership skills give them the best in melee combat.Humans would just need to stick phaser in your chest and vaporize you.You can't trust human face to face.