Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Controls, User Interface, and the STO Gateway (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=126)
-   -   Num Pad Enter and Num Pad Divide (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=701901)

stevehale 05-23-2013 06:04 AM

Num Pad Enter and Num Pad Divide

Until Season 7, the game recognized the difference between "Enter" and "Numpad Enter". Once Season 7 hit, they are treated as the same key.

Now, since the Romulans have been released, the game no longer recognizes the difference between the "/" key and the Numpad "/" key. Previously, when using the Num Pad version registered as "divide".

For the moment, the game still recognizes the difference between "*" and the "Numpad *" (which registers as "multiply").

What happened? How can this be fixed?

mbp101287 05-23-2013 11:26 PM

I would suggest re-inputting those keybinds using the correct key for each intended function. Other than that, I've got nothing.

stevehale 05-24-2013 04:43 PM

Aye, that seems to be the problem. When you use the correct key the game itself no longer recognizes the difference. Thanks though.

Cryptic?

stevehale 05-28-2013 12:35 PM

What has to happen over the course of programming or whatever to accidentally remove pieces of keyboard functionality? I mean, the key was there. It worked fine. How does it stop working? I certainly can't imagine someone sat there and said, "Hey, let's turn this off for ****s and giggles." Know what I mean?

stevehale 05-30-2013 03:17 PM

I'd just like to know that they are aware that they broke something so that I might one day have hope that they could get around to fixing it.

exejay 05-31-2013 12:43 AM

I have mapped pretty much every key of the numpad to some function, including modifier - hence it rather annoys me too, and I hope they'll fix this.

One point I have found though, the divide key on the numpad is now called "/".

darkfader1988 05-31-2013 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevehale (Post 10263421)
Until Season 7, the game recognized the difference between "Enter" and "Numpad Enter". Once Season 7 hit, they are treated as the same key.

Now, since the Romulans have been released, the game no longer recognizes the difference between the "/" key and the Numpad "/" key. Previously, when using the Num Pad version registered as "divide".

For the moment, the game still recognizes the difference between "*" and the "Numpad *" (which registers as "multiply").

What happened? How can this be fixed?

Its all in the spirit of 'making it easier for the newbies and new f2p ppl coming into the game'

It will be too much confusion otherwise hale ;)

Its not a bug, its a feature.

:D

On a side note, since LoR my sound volume keys on my keyboard are suddenly being intercepted by STO And remove my HUD/UI all of the sudden every time i press them ?!?!?

naevius 05-31-2013 08:17 AM

Is there a similar pronlem with Right-Ctrl vs Left-Ctrl?

Right-Ctrl is my push to talk key...

obertheromulan 05-31-2013 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darkfader1988 (Post 10518661)
Its not a bug, its a feature.

:D

No, just... no.

I know you're being sarcastic over how stupid Cryptic thinks people are but we really don't need to give them more excuses to say this stupid phrase by turning it into a STO meme.

stevehale 06-08-2013 12:52 PM

I know there is a great deal to fix but I'd hate to let this particular issue slip through the cracks. It would be a shame for the key attrition to continue.

Maybe space bar will be next! :eek: