Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   PvP Gameplay (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=125)
-   -   Visual Changes in the PvP Queues (especially FvK) - Give us back the old one! (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=703241)

zeratk 05-23-2013 01:22 PM

Visual Changes in the PvP Queues (especially FvK) - Give us back the old one!

Why the heck did you removed the note how many people of the different factions are queued in the FvK Queues?

This way you will never now when a match might start or how long you have to wait. No one will change Toons and Factions to fill up the other side. In the end all will have to wait longer for a match to start. Already today it took half an eternity.

If this won't improve in the next days, i only will give PvP 5min after login for a round to start or i log out again. I don't plan to wait a hour or two for just a single round to start.

patrickngo 05-23-2013 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zeratk (Post 10274821)
Why the heck did you removed the note how many people of the different factions are queued in the FvK Queues?

This way you will never now when a match might start or how long you have to wait. No one will change Toons and Factions to fill up the other side. In the end all will have to wait longer for a match to start. Already today it took half an eternity.

If this won't improve in the next days, i only will give PvP 5min after login for a round to start or i log out again. I don't plan to wait a hour or two for just a single round to start.

They did it for the same reason they did it with the STF ques. i.e. it's a FEATURE, not a bug, and your reaction shows it's working as intended.

zeratk 05-25-2013 07:20 AM

And no information why the changed it. I would like to know what the improvement shall be? :confused::confused:

twam 05-25-2013 07:24 AM

Oh, this is so surreal and Kafkaesque.

After a whole season they finally reintroduced those numbers to the PvE queue, after many requests, and now they removed them from the PvP queues?

Really?

zeratk 05-31-2013 01:43 AM

Watching the Queues a couple of days, i have to say this works really bad. Nearly no match on ground starts. After a certain amount of time, you get kicked out of the waitinglist without any round to start or anything else.

And still no answer what the improvement shall be like.

Looks like Cryptic tries to get rid of the PvP this way.....

zeratk 06-05-2013 12:42 AM

patrickngo 06-05-2013 02:06 AM

Maybe it's a bug? certainly when there are 18 people waiting and the match doesn't start-and then, when it does, it's 4K vs 5F...(that'll change after the patch I reckon-once TacScorts can't use EPtA to see BoPs at 30K+ and nail KDF ships under cloak at 10K the eagerness of feds to que will evaporate...)

skurf 06-05-2013 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patrickngo (Post 10623691)
Maybe it's a bug? certainly when there are 18 people waiting and the match doesn't start-and then, when it does, it's 4K vs 5F...(that'll change after the patch I reckon-once TacScorts can't use EPtA to see BoPs at 30K+ and nail KDF ships under cloak at 10K the eagerness of feds to que will evaporate...)

Well it could have been 14 Feds and 4 KDF in the que, but it's impossible to tell. I really wish they'd fix this. It's been even harder to get a match on the KDF side since LoR because of this.

zeratk 06-06-2013 12:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skurf (Post 10646411)
Well it could have been 14 Feds and 4 KDF in the que, but it's impossible to tell. I really wish they'd fix this. It's been even harder to get a match on the KDF side since LoR because of this.

"to fix it" sounds, like it would be a bug....it is one of these stupid changes they think of as an "improvement"....what is unbelievable dumb...:mad:

martin1970giesen 06-06-2013 01:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zeratk (Post 10274821)

Fixing stuff thats not broken, so Cryptic....
They did this with PVE we didn't liked it, what are they thinking ...