Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Star Trek Online General Discussion (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=128)
-   -   Friendly warning-Hive Onslaught is near impossible (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=705261)

mirrorterran 05-24-2013 04:47 AM

Friendly warning-Hive Onslaught is near impossible

I dunno what jacked up ships Cryptic is testing this stuff with...

but I'm flying a fleet excelsior as an engineer with 60k hull and that lance is lethal...let alone the plasma's

and I'm talking about NORMAL not elite

this is pretty much the only STF I really enjoy and I wont be doing it again unless I get really masochistic or Cryptic fixes this crap.

It's supposed to be fun Cryptic...not a respawn button clickfest.

valoreah 05-24-2013 05:35 AM

Are you in the appropriate area to avoid getting hit by the lances? Also, 60K hull is nothing when hit by weapons that do damage in the hundreds of thousands of HP in 1 shot.

fmgtorres1979 05-24-2013 05:55 AM

I'm not a great player (I do ok, I guess), but from my experience, it is a bit frustrating at times, but this is one that really needs for people to know what to do and work as a team. Firstly, you need to be in between the two vessels, so they will no longer hit you with the lance weapon. Then you need to watch out for the plasma torpedo and fire on it. People should watch out for themselves but also try to fire on it when it's going against other players. And also, keep in mind that the little regeneration spheres are top priority when launched or they will repair the vessels.
I've been to a few in which people just fire on the vessels and forget all the rest and then even leave because it's "too tough" or because and optional is failed. Making it even tougher or impossible for the people who stay.

P.S. 60000 hull or 10000 means pretty much the same, the torpedo makes over 200000 damage. One hit kill anything as far as I know :)

deaftravis05 05-24-2013 06:02 AM

it's just hard, but I have beaten it, with all optionals

capnkirk4 05-24-2013 06:04 AM

Right. You just need to be between them and watch for the torps, and regens. Sci captains with high TB and GW help also. They're Borg. They're supposed to be a horror show!

valoreah 05-24-2013 06:10 AM

IIRC D'Vak even says to get between the two B'gers while he draws their fire... and why the second part of the STF is called "Under the Guns". ;)

arcangelslay 05-24-2013 06:24 AM

In defense of the OP

I've recently come back to STO, I've played Hive Onslaught a few times, after the update I'm getting hit by the lance between the ships, even near the queen.

It was literally impossible, we all raced between he ships and were destroyed in seconds, this never happened before.

I've not played it since.

fmgtorres1979 05-24-2013 06:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arcangelslay (Post 10293831)
In defense of the OP

I've recently come back to STO, I've played Hive Onslaught a few times, after the update I'm getting hit by the lance between the ships, even near the queen.

It was literally impossible, we all raced between he ships and were destroyed in seconds, this never happened before.

I've not played it since.

Ah, then maybe it's changed. I haven't played it yet since LoR was released.
If that is the case, then it's a bad move, as the mission is already hard as it is. One hit kills aren't fun and in this scenario, with the consecutive deaths and the respawn time increasing you may find yourself in a very bad situation with many regeneration probes, and in turn having the vessels repaired time after time.

totenmet 05-24-2013 07:11 AM

I see enough players screwing up the more easy ones like ISE, CSE, KASE as well.

Only reason is that players do not understand te mission, do not read the mission tips/hints. Don't understand the concept of cooperation, etc.

Hive Onslaught can also be done including the optional. In PUG its hard because of the newbies, the saboteurs and the ones who do not understand team work or mission tactics.

With fleet teammates we hardly fail these PVE's and optionals.

x0ligy 05-24-2013 07:32 AM

The mission has changed and is bugged. Yes i do PUGS

1. Spheres are faster (does not matter just takes longer kill them)
2. On the two main ships if you respawn you can get a message saying "We are under attack" when nothing is close by
3. Lance kills you at spawn point

These are the issues i ran into when i tried it, other than that it was just trying to keep up with repairs while defending against kintetic blasting, tractor beams and lance. Ofc with it being a pug, peopel left sooner than expected because they always expect an awesome team i try and keep combat log going so i can see who's good and whos bad help when they complain then :P