Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Klingon Fleetyards (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=217)
-   -   T'varo Vs B'rel (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=708181)

retrosrages 05-24-2013 06:18 PM

T'varo Vs B'rel
 
come on Cryptic you give the t'varo 32k hull and a better shield mod than the brel and a good turn rate. think its about time you updated the brel now we have a new faction of cloaking ships, the top t'varo is just about a jem attack ship that can cloak, do you guys ever think 2 steps ahead

newromulan1 05-24-2013 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by retrosrages (Post 10322461)
come on Cryptic you give the t'varo 32k hull and a better shield mod than the brel and a good turn rate. think its about time you updated the brel now we have a new faction of cloaking ships, the top t'varo is just about a jem attack ship that can cloak, do you guys ever think 2 steps ahead

I fly a fleet T'Varo on my new Reman- it is much more powerful than the fleet B'rel(which I have as well) with 4 tac console slots - large hull Uni lt cmd and cmd tac slot - the B'rel is now obsolete.

personally though I love the retro Look of the B'rel more than most other ships - sadly as a torp bomber it can't compete with 4 tac slots of the T'Varo

warmaker001b 05-24-2013 06:52 PM

The B'Rel is simply one of many examples of older ships from early in the game that have greatly lost out to the increasingly powerful ships that came later. The stats were fine early on, but now, with the advent of these newer ships over time, it's lost alot of spark.

Perfect example: KDF Escorts and Destroyers. They cannot hold a candle to the sheer variety and potency of the Fleet Fed Escorts. Before the Shipyard system was put in place, the Guramba was a pure killer in PVP. And Raptors were endangered even before the Shipyard system. Now? Sighting a Guramba is like a Bigfoot story. Raptors are still endangered with the occasional Fleet Sommraw.

newromulan1 05-24-2013 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by warmaker001b (Post 10323181)
The B'Rel is simply one of many examples of older ships from early in the game that have greatly lost out to the increasingly powerful ships that came later. The stats were fine early on, but now, with the advent of these newer ships over time, it's lost alot of spark.

Perfect example: KDF Escorts and Destroyers. They cannot hold a candle to the sheer variety and potency of the Fleet Fed Escorts. Before the Shipyard system was put in place, the Guramba was a pure killer in PVP. And Raptors were endangered even before the Shipyard system. Now? Sighting a Guramba is like a Bigfoot story. Raptors are still endangered with the occasional Fleet Sommraw.

Off topic a bit - but PvP is going the way of the dodo bird - only some old timers will be left soon - with the more and more power ships stacked on with more traits added + 3 rep systems worth of passives+ fleet elite gear

the cost and learning curve + the shear firepower and knowledge you need is moving vertically straight up - this is goig to scare almost all newcomers away and cause the casuals to avoid it.

I mean the new traits + the rep make it super OP - anyone without being around for a while and being hardcore will be lost - been in some matches in the last 2 days with my fleet T'varo and man things have really stepped up a notch = death to a game aspect already on life support.

The FvK ques have been jammed like I have not seen before - but a lot of the new Fed/rommies are getting smoked in seconds as I have noticed tons of KDF have respec'd into decloaking and debuff + grouping with a few exposed with hunters staying cloaked waiting for the rommies to uncloak.

Fast paced and fun for a bit - but like I said soon it will drive most novices and newbies running back to PvE

starsvoid 05-24-2013 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by warmaker001b (Post 10323181)
Sighting a Guramba is like a Bigfoot story.

Hey, we're not that rare! I PvP'd a Guramba just last week! It was kind of fun watching all the Defiants whoosh by and dust me with their DHC's.

Pity the four BoPs on my team and the four Defiants on the other team couldn't have just gone off and had their spinny swift battles somewhere while the Recluse and I duked it out...

doffingcomrade 05-24-2013 10:46 PM

The B'rel would have retained its role had they given it a USEFUL console like a Science console or Tac console instead of a crap Eng console. Since an Eng console doesn't do anything except give you a place to cram a cheese console in, the B'rel's fleet upgrade thus failed to improve on the basic model. With a Sci console it would have held a much-needed niche in the KDF's lineup and out-competed the T'Varo in the Sci role...with an Eng console, it doesn't do anything special.

rahmkota19 05-25-2013 01:11 AM

The B'rel Retrofit is actually fine as it is. Agreed: more hull would be great, even at the cost of shielding since in the B'rel, you will tend to cloak much and take a few torpedoes to the hull. But I can understand the 3/3/3 console devision, because of the B'rel being a complete universal ship.

But for the fleet version, it still confuses me why they ever gave us another engineering slot. The B'rel isnt build to tank, so more engineering slots will do absolutely nothing. As a raider, the B'rel should be a ship focussed on an Alpha strike. That is the entire point of raider gameplay. And I know the Klingons aren't the best engineers in the universe, but they are not the microbrains Q thinks of them and they would be smart enough to add a console for more pew pew.

bitemepwe 05-25-2013 05:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by warmaker001b (Post 10323181)
The B'Rel is simply one of many examples of older ships from early in the game that have greatly lost out to the increasingly powerful ships that came later. The stats were fine early on, but now, with the advent of these newer ships over time, it's lost alot of spark.

Perfect example: KDF Escorts and Destroyers. They cannot hold a candle to the sheer variety and potency of the Fleet Fed Escorts. Before the Shipyard system was put in place, the Guramba was a pure killer in PVP. And Raptors were endangered even before the Shipyard system. Now? Sighting a Guramba is like a Bigfoot story. Raptors are still endangered with the occasional Fleet Somraw.

Tis true. Many vessels in the game have fallen off the end due to new vessel power creep.
I do wish that Cryptic would do a once-twice over on all the older vessel ingame and balance them accordingly to the latest PC bar.

bitemepwe 05-25-2013 05:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rahmkota19 (Post 10328661)
...But for the fleet version, it still confuses me why they ever gave us another engineering slot. The B'rel isnt build to tank, so more engineering slots will do absolutely nothing. As a raider......

Granted its been a while since I flew my B'rel and may not be up to date on recent events that may have changed the basics but I was of the belief that an extra Eng slot would help its hull based tanking/ damage mitigation for surviving recloaking after an attack.

What are the B'rel/Fl. B'rel defensive measures now?

starsvoid 05-25-2013 06:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bitemepwe (Post 10332221)
What are the B'rel/Fl. B'rel defensive measures now?

Destroy the enemy first. Then cloak. ;)


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:31 AM.