Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Windows and General: PC, Network, and Other Technical Issues (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=401)
-   -   196.21 NVIDIA drivers cause cursor to disapear with ALT+TAB (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=72079)

Archived Post 01-19-2010 07:07 PM

196.21 NVIDIA drivers cause cursor to disapear with ALT+TAB

Anyone else getting a corrupt cursor with the newest nvidia drivers? I can reproduce it by ALT+Tab then returning to the game.

Also when launching the game, before you pick a character there is an error message at the bottom that detects a corrupt cursor.

Any ideas on how to fix the cursor while in game?

Archived Post 01-19-2010 07:12 PM

I have just logged in and never seen any warning,also tried the ALT+TAB out and back into the game,using the new 196.21 and had no problems with the cursor,sorry.

Archived Post 01-19-2010 07:29 PM

Speaking of the cursor, I really hate the regular arrow look, need somthing Star Treky!

Archived Post 01-19-2010 08:09 PM

Maybe it is related to my TRI-SLI 280's. I will try disabling them and see if I can reproduce it.

Archived Post 01-20-2010 04:45 PM

A followup.

If I disable TRI-SLI and run off of 1 GTX280 only, then the cursor does not corrupt.

Anyone else with a SLI setup having any cursor issues with the new 196.21 driver?

On the character selection screen it will say

"Cursor Corrupt, Fixing..."

and it fixes the cursor, but the game does not auto fix the cursor if you are in gameplay.... Any chance there is a "/" command that can be run to activate the Corrupt cursor fix script?

Archived Post 01-20-2010 04:54 PM

Do the New Drivers fix the Stuttering Lag?

Archived Post 01-20-2010 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yachak
Do the New Drivers fix the Stuttering Lag?

Yeah, that is the good news, lag and stuttering seem to be gone.

Archived Post 01-21-2010 05:02 PM

I checked the cmdlist for slash commands that may run the fix cursor script.

Cryptic or anyone else know of a way to force run the built int corrupt cursor routine? I can live with the problem if there was a way to fix it without having to log out :(

Archived Post 01-21-2010 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by napalm (Post 1551469)
A followup.

If I disable TRI-SLI and run off of 1 GTX280 only, then the cursor does not corrupt.

Anyone else with a SLI setup having any cursor issues with the new 196.21 driver?

On the character selection screen it will say

"Cursor Corrupt, Fixing..."

and it fixes the cursor, but the game does not auto fix the cursor if you are in gameplay.... Any chance there is a "/" command that can be run to activate the Corrupt cursor fix script?

You're not alone... I gave a GTX 295 and am having the same issue. Only started with the new drivers.

Archived Post 01-21-2010 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by napalm (Post 1535453)
Maybe it is related to my TRI-SLI 280's. I will try disabling them and see if I can reproduce it.

Why in the name of god would you need to tri sli 280s?
SLI is nothing but troubles anyways... i know, fried a few cards that way.