Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Galactic News Network (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Ask Cryptic: May 2013 (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=727541)

pwebranflakes 05-31-2013 02:00 PM

Ask Cryptic: May 2013

In this brand-new edition of Ask Cryptic, Executive Producer Daniel Stahl delivers answers to player submitted questions.

These questions were asked earlier in the month in this thread, as well as in our French and German forums.

Link to the Ask Cryptic.

stirling191 05-31-2013 02:05 PM

So...

Bug fixes and Suliban confirmed, everything else "we'll talk about it later".

Not very enlightening.

aramyll 05-31-2013 02:14 PM

So my question about getting fighter/shuttle upgrades was not posted :( so sad !! Also any chance we can get rapid fire missiles, or cluster missiles, or missiles that are affected by HY and TS ??? or missile turrets. You have them in missions and the Elachi have them as well

thumpyecho 05-31-2013 02:17 PM

EDIT: ......well I feel stupid.......I should learn to read......

voyagerfan9751 05-31-2013 02:18 PM

Quote:

Q: (captaind3) Suliban bridge officers? Or at least Suliban parts in alien gen. I?ve been waiting for them forever. Pretty Please? Is it gonna happen?

Dstahl:
Highly likely.
I hope this also means the possibility of Suliban Playable Captain Species. That would be great.

On the Suliban Bridge Officers, I hope it would be as part of an "Evaluate <Species> Bridge Officer Candidate" Doff assignment, like how the Romulan and Reman Species are confirmed to be eventually added for Republic characters. Not against C-store options pe rsay, but would rather have the option of more then one Suliban Boff.

I also want to add my Support to a playable Cardassian Union Faction. But no hurry on that one, I think the Dev team needs a break before they work on another expansion. Still would be awesome to have on the Long term radar.

lan451 05-31-2013 02:21 PM

Oh nice!

Quote:

Q: (psycoticvulcan) Are any of the Federation or Klingon missions slated for remastering in the near future?

Dstahl: Pretty much all of them if we can find time between updates. We?re already working on Fed ones now.
I'm glad to see older missions getting remastered again. It was quite obvious on my Romulan coming out of the LoR story and going back into the old Borg arc. It was painfully obvious how dated those missions are in comparison.

Quote:

Q: (vengefuldjinn) Any ETA on a Romulan version of the 1000 day veteran reward?

Dstahl: There are some plans afoot to address this but the closest ETA I can give out is sometime in the next couple months.
Good deal. I was actually thinking about holding off on the Dhelan Retrofit in case the vet ship was coming soon. I went ahead and picked it up anyway. :P

Quote:

Q: (nevawinna) Will KDF and Romulans ever get visible kits?

Dstahl: Yes, but it will be through the character creator when we introduce a new kit mechanic we?re working on.
Ohh finally! Been waiting on the new kit system. Not a fan of the current one. Feels way too restrictive for my taste.

Good stuff all around.

cidstorm 05-31-2013 02:22 PM

Thanks for answering my question cryptic, rock solid response too. I can't wait to build a great Romulan doff collection.

felderburg 05-31-2013 02:23 PM

Hirogen would be a good fit for the Klingons... but I'm sure there's a creative way to add them as playable for the Republic.

The latest Tal Shiar ships are an example of working with CBS to add new ships from other Trek sources? Given that they're new designs and only influenced by the Narada, I don't think that's a good example at all (the Vesta or Luna would have been better). Since those two are the only non-screen ships that we've seen, and they're from the books, I don't hold out hope for ships from any other games or the Paramount movies.

Kits in the costume creator is good.

Will the Romulans get a Captain's Yacht?

psycoticvulcan 05-31-2013 02:23 PM

I'd love to see a story arc based on the events of Star Trek: Enterprise. Something involving the Romulan War in the 2150s would be great.

stirling191 05-31-2013 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lan451 (Post 10527991)
Ohh finally! Been waiting on the new kit system. Not a fan of the current one. Feels way too restrictive for my taste.

You do realize they've been saying that sort of thing (RE: kit reworks) for the better part of two and a half years now right?