Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Klingon Gameplay (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=166)
-   -   The House Always Wins needs a serious overhaul... (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=733861)

raventomoe 06-03-2013 08:57 PM

The House Always Wins needs a serious overhaul...

So, I figured with the new content to delete my old Klingon and build a new one learning from the mistakes and get a try on the new content...yeah....:mad: I came to the space portion of this mission.

Now keep in mind, maybe I am messing it up or something...but here I go anyways.

1. Optional Objective: You are asking me to keep a B'rel full of Klingon Redshirts alive...would of been better with at least a D7 Cruiser.

2. Enemy numbers: Dear god! The only positive is the lack of Raptors this time around. O_O Can we lower the numbers or at least ad a few Martok cruisers and more BoPs to back us up?

3. Reward: I called attention to it before and I will again...you are giving away the same BOff in this mission that was the reward in Bringing Down The House...

And finally, the thing making me post this.

4. The Freighters: I am finding these things outrunning my B'rel and even sensing me coming when I am even cloaked. WHAT THE HECK! :mad:

Now, I can't be the only one with issues in this mission and really, I won't be playing it again till I hear it is fixed.

EDIT: I do love the new content to the game and think you did an overall good job but this mission needs to get fixed. As it is now, I find it unplayable.

jestersage 06-03-2013 10:42 PM

I agree - I was replaying it in my Mirror Vo'quv - though granted, I have advance slavers + a Advance BoP, but it was difficult, and takes a long time.

raventomoe 06-03-2013 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jestersage (Post 10600461)
I agree - I was replaying it in my Mirror Vo'quv - though granted, I have advance slavers + a Advance BoP, but it was difficult, and takes a long time.

Try playing it in a B'rel at Level 9....:mad:

fovrel 06-04-2013 01:57 AM

The case is with the energy presets that the lowest energy level is now 15. With full energy to weapons, preset 1, engine and aux are set to their minimum, 15. It means you are crawling. I have started readjusting it and, indeed, in this mission, the freighter outrun me a couple of times. I had to switch to full engine a couple of times to catch up.

I always had issues with destroying the stations. There are too many BoP's and your allies do not follow you always. However since the latest patch, they seem to be a lot weaker.

raventomoe 06-04-2013 08:31 AM

I've actually tried full engine power and being cloaked. The Freighter still runs as I am coming and outruns me. I can only catch up at Full Impulse and than I lose that minute I am attacked by the other ships.

Easiest way to lower the difficulty would be to have the option of planting explosives on the Freighters and blowing them up. Other than that, if you want me to shoot them down...make sure they aren't running towards enemy ships and slow them down.

lordgabe 06-04-2013 09:33 AM

One shot it all. Easiest play though 've ever had... Sorry. (really fun tho)

Kind of confused by the challenge peeps are having, maybe i was lucky with gear drops, maybe a new warp core - no idea don't recall any amazing luck with drops and don't have any zen store stuff to help me bar my red mater capatcitor. Was fun and pretty much a push over, I'm not sure what advice i can give you guys beside the obvious :(

voyagerfan9751 06-04-2013 09:46 AM

I have always felt the "reinforcements" were less then helpful in this mission.

For something that was a House of Martok issue, They are rather less then helpful. I find I still have to do all the heavy lifting.

Pretty much once you get past the first station, you are soloing it for the Glory of the House of Martok (of which you aren't even a members. :( )

lordgabe 06-04-2013 10:16 AM

As long as you stealth jump every ship/group you meet you can pop them easily, I had bacic rank 1 tractor beam and torp pouned my tragets down.

The npcs seemed less buggy than my previous play throughs of that mission tbh. I will admit when i first played this mission years ago it was a pain in the butt but playing now with a bit of experience can't say it troubled me at all. Won't go on as i said as much above this fight is just a learning curve as you have an under powered ship for a tough fight :)

raventomoe 06-04-2013 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lordgabe (Post 10607991)
As long as you stealth jump every ship/group you meet you can pop them easily, I had bacic rank 1 tractor beam and torp pouned my tragets down.

The npcs seemed less buggy than my previous play throughs of that mission tbh. I will admit when i first played this mission years ago it was a pain in the butt but playing now with a bit of experience can't say it troubled me at all. Won't go on as i said as much above this fight is just a learning curve as you have an under powered ship for a tough fight :)

Yep and that is what the B'rel is...underpowered. It doesn't even have a Battle Cloak so you can't do stealth jumps or even run and vanish from the enemies.

bejaymac 06-04-2013 11:37 AM

Almost every NPC ship is using emergency power to engines now, and as those freighters normally ran at the first sight of you in any case, you can guess what their using now, but Cryptic gave you the perfect response in the shape of your science Boff, he's got the Tractor Beam.
Cloak and slip up behind them, once your in TB range (4k iirc) decloak and alpha strike it, or as much of an alpha strike as you can get with THY1, and at the same time as you blow it's aft shields to pieces you grab it with the TB, and then just keep pounding it's ass, they die quite quickly doing that.

Never had any problems with the amount of ships around the satellites either, before and after LoR, decloak in range and you should hear others decloak, as you get 3 or 4 friendly BoPs to give you a hand, let them deal with the enemy BoPs while you take out the satellite, then you help mop up what's left.

Only "issue" I had with the space part with my new KDF toon was that I found it a little too easy, compared to how it used to be.