Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Windows and General: PC, Network, and Other Technical Issues (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=401)
-   -   Login Issue (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=73629)

Archived Post 01-20-2010 06:33 PM

Login Issue

Here is the situation I am experiencing

1. Click to Start STO
1. Launcher starts, no patch update, currently on .ST.0.20100108b.23
2. Click Play

2. STO Loads
1. Inital Graphics screens loads with Connecting to Login Server
2. after a couple of minutes get Connection to Login Server Timed Out
3, Get pushed to the Login Screen
4. Relogin and immediately get Disconnected from Login Server

Anyone else having this issue or have found a workaround ??

Ok Cyrptic, balls in your court

Archived Post 01-20-2010 06:39 PM

Yes, I've been having this same issue. There's another post in here about it as well. Very recent, like last 30 minutes or so.

In fact, Windows 7 thought it would be helpful, so when the shortcut to the autopatch stopped working, windows said, "this shortcut doesn't go anywhere, let me delete it. Poof. Good bye."

I can still use the gameclient file in my directory to open STO (without the autopatcher - probably not workable) but I get a timeout error identical to your own.

I would love for a patch to come along and fix this, but I'm a bit worried that I've lost the capacity to patch. I'm getting tired of reinstalling the beta from Stardock - those guys do not have it together, to say the least. I am optimistic a solution will be found.

mto

Archived Post 01-20-2010 06:41 PM

I keep getting a "Disconnected from Account Server".:(

Archived Post 01-20-2010 06:46 PM

I am getting the same problem trying to log in as well. Patcher auto-updated itself but looks like crap since it is missing some texture skins. Try to play and I get stuck in connecting to the login server. I then get booted to the login screen and will get automatically disconnected on any other attempts to log in until I shut the game down completely. After shutting down and trying again, the cycle repeats itself.

Archived Post 01-20-2010 06:47 PM

Going for the reinstall. Ah, beta. I <3 you.

Archived Post 01-20-2010 06:59 PM

Let me know if the reinstall works. I don't want to have to do it if it isn't going to work and it's just something on their end needing work.

Archived Post 01-20-2010 07:05 PM

Server is down. Wonder if it's related.

Archived Post 01-20-2010 07:19 PM

Yeah, I'll post in... you know... 6 hours ><

Stardock is not the way I'd recommend to download the game. Game runs when I use the directory it installs into, but stardock's menu, meh.

Another bother. 12 % and chugging along.

mto

Archived Post 01-20-2010 07:23 PM

Sure would be nice if Cryptic could have a couple of support people monitoring the PC & Techinical Issues Forum and give some quick insite to what they are doing that may be causing these issue and not just letting us use our techie geek minds to just imagine what the problems are, being one that did tech support for Sierra Online back inthe day when they were the #1 game software company I know it can be done.

Earth to Cryptic, Earth to Cryptic..........are you out there,,,,,,,,,,,

Archived Post 01-20-2010 07:33 PM

I had this problem last week with the launcher i fix by turning the proxy to none in the options and hit force verify it fix the problem.