Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   PvP Gameplay (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=125)
-   -   Attack pattern question (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=738711)

captweavers 06-06-2013 12:17 PM

Attack pattern question
 
Hey guys, sorry for asking, but I just cant remember what was discussed about the better combination of attack pattern and cannon rapid fire......

Is it better to have:

APO3 and CRF2
or
APO1 and CRF3

?????

Thanks guys.

adrianm63 06-06-2013 12:35 PM

apo III

/10char

shookyang 06-06-2013 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by captweavers (Post 10658751)
Hey guys, sorry for asking, but I just cant remember what was discussed about the better combination of attack pattern and cannon rapid fire......

Is it better to have:

APO3 and CRF2
or
APO1 and CRF3

?????

Thanks guys.

I prefer APO1 and CRF3 + CRF2.

CRF has a shorter cooldown, and I end up using CRF3 and 2 in the time it takes for APO to be ready again. Since I use those two skills more often than I activate APO, I'd rather go for the higher CRF than the APO.

mancom 06-06-2013 02:24 PM

If you have pattern doffs to get APO3 down its global cooldown, APO3+CRF2 is better; otherwise (2x)APO1 + CRF3 is better because you get the benefit of CRF3 50% of the time, but APO3 would only be up 25% of the time if you ran a APO1+APO3 mixed setup.

The difference between APO1+CRF3 and APO3+CRF2 for alpha strike purposes is really tiny, so you should probably go with the better average damage and therefore the choice then depends on whether you have pattern doffs.

dontdrunkimshoot 06-06-2013 08:34 PM

there was actually a noticeable difference between the spike from CRF2/APO3 vs the opposite last time i checked. having CRF3 will get you more DPS in the long run, but at least for pvp you want what will give you the highest spike.

antoniosalieri 06-06-2013 09:01 PM

Also consider your spike Weapons.

They will get more dmg off of omega 3 of course.

Currently you really should have either a beam for an overload or a torp... or both.

dontdrunkimshoot 06-06-2013 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by antoniosalieri (Post 10666561)
Also consider your spike Weapons.

They will get more dmg off of omega 3 of course.

Currently you really should have either a beam for an overload or a torp... or both.

that too, APO buffs a torp or BO also

captweavers 06-07-2013 06:50 AM

This is what I was thinking for Tactical slots on my JHAS:

TT1 - CRF1 - APO1 - APO3
TT1 - BO2 - CRF2
(doff to recharge beams)

or

TT1 - BO2 - BO3 - APO3
TT1 - APD1 - CRF2
(doff to recharge cannons)

Im using 3x DHC and a Beam Dual Bank on the front and 3 Turrets on the rear.

shookyang 06-07-2013 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot (Post 10666291)
there was actually a noticeable difference between the spike from CRF2/APO3 vs the opposite last time i checked. having CRF3 will get you more DPS in the long run, but at least for pvp you want what will give you the highest spike.

APO1 = 10% damage increase
APO3 = 25% damage increase

CRF1 = 30% damage increase
CRF2 = 40% damage increase
CRF3 = 50% damage increase

So, with a CRF3 + APO1, you get a 60% damage increase.

With CRF2 + APO3, you get a 65% damage increase.

5% isn't that much more.

saxfire 06-07-2013 08:45 AM

if you dont have any ap doffs, go with crf3, if you have 2 ap doffs, go with apo3 and crf2+2 with apd1, 2 ap doffs, thats 40m+ ec right there.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:21 PM.