Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   The Academy (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=127)
-   -   No exchange on a Fleet StarBase? (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=744261)

salem1574 06-10-2013 08:07 AM

No exchange on a Fleet StarBase?
 
Is it my imagination or do Fleet Star bases do not have an exchange?

ferdzso0 06-10-2013 08:27 AM

none. tho the embassy has one, which is one loadingscreen away

flyingcatman 06-10-2013 08:42 AM

Assuming you have the necessary upgrades.

salem1574 06-10-2013 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ferdzso0 (Post 10727851)
none. tho the embassy has one, which is one loadingscreen away

Well hopefully someday they will put an exchange on the Fleet Star bases and correct their short sightedness.

After we do have an exchange the Tuffti Freighter and the Fregni ship, but not on a Fleet Star base?

ferdzso0 06-11-2013 12:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by salem1574 (Post 10736081)
Well hopefully someday they will put an exchange on the Fleet Star bases and correct their short sightedness.

After we do have an exchange the Tuffti Freighter and the Fregni ship, but not on a Fleet Star base?

it would make fleet sarbases OP.

when they introduced the fleet system, they pretty much killed other starbases, and the most notable one, was DS9, and the retirement of Roxy

if there was an exchange on the sb, noone would go anywhere but the fleet starbase (making more people angry, at the way the instance works, as you are always put back to your original place, if no one is staying in the instance of your fleet base

rainmotorsports 06-11-2013 12:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ferdzso0 (Post 10742181)
if there was an exchange on the sb, noone would go anywhere but the fleet starbase (making more people angry, at the way the instance works, as you are always put back to your original place, if no one is staying in the instance of your fleet base

People say that and then they go fail to hang out on their starbase. The instance kick out is a problem for that of course. If it wasn't for needing a security officer once in awhile mind as well hang out on the New Romulus transporter pad. Mail Bank and Exchange there.

People who want to be at a social hub are and those that dont wan't to be aren't. Its not like DS9 being full of ESD/First City crowds would exactly liven the place up in a good way.

Otherwise yeah T2 embassy and the shuttle project hop on over to use the exchange. Excuse me while I sit alone on my Tuffli.

salem1574 06-11-2013 07:15 AM

Well not everyone is in a fleet and I like the social hubs such ESD & Ds 9 every so often. However I do also enjoy the peace and quiet of that the Tuffti freighter offers esp when I have a lot of fleet business to do.

Still it would be nice to have exchange on Fleet Starbases just to make them fully armed and operational.

variant37 06-12-2013 05:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by salem1574 (Post 10746431)
Still it would be nice to have exchange on Fleet Starbases just to make them fully armed and operational.

Yes it would be nice, I agree completely.

And from Cryptic's perspective it would be one less reason for fleets to put any effort into building their embassy, so that's why it'll never happen.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:40 AM.