Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Federation Gameplay (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=165)
-   -   Hive Onslaught (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=744411)

kekron42 06-10-2013 10:00 AM

Hive Onslaught

Caution: Grief thread ahead

<Seinfield Voice>
So whats the deal with the updated Hive being neigh impossible to complete?
</Seinfield Voice>

Seriously, I feel that the regular Hive is as difficult as Elites these days. Anyone else have a similar experience?

Apparently now there are invisible cannons that just randomly blow you up?

I'm curious if anyone else has had similar kobayashi maru experiences with the revised Hive. Perhaps a bug on the devs part?

sinnaj63 06-10-2013 10:03 AM

If you would look what you get told, you would know that the Borg ships use Lance weapons to kill you, and that Regular and Elite is the same.

stulloyd 06-10-2013 10:05 AM

You & me were in that Same Normal Hive Onslaught. I did a Elite Onslaught last night that every1 after 1hr & half on the 2 Gun Ships finally decided to bail on. Those Invisi Cannons that can hit u from 20k out is just plan dumb if u ask me. Doesn't matter how much hull or Shields u got. that new Invisi Cannon the Devs have added to Hive Onslaught will kill u. I do feel that Hive Onslaught was hard enough b4 these new additions to it. now it's become Ridiculously hard on bot Normal & Elite. What the heck is PWE thinking changing an hard STF to damn near impossible. I mean come on not smart.

originpi 06-10-2013 10:15 AM

It appears that in an attempt to fix the command (cigar) ships lance weapon bug, they bugged it the other way.

They used to never fire their lance weapons, now they can fire it at you even if you are outside of the arc.

stulloyd 06-10-2013 10:34 AM

Thought that mite be the case that they bugged it the other way around. LOL. Said that in the STF. LOL.

trhrangerxml 06-10-2013 05:05 PM

Actually did HSE yesterday, got 1 hit killed by Spheres which I thought was strange, then on approach to the Unimatrix ship and then again right when I spawned almost 20km away! The spawning one was the strangest, spawn and hit full impulse, right as I move forward I just blow up?!? Something is seriously bugged.

innuwarrior 06-12-2013 10:46 PM

Was hard but doable, got nerfed ppl complained. Ppl complained after nerf, put power back but way too much. Got hit with 100k+ hits 3 times in a row without even shooting 1 shot, all outside 10km.

Get it back like it was at first, now wtf is the fun in getting 1 shooted without having been able to shoot 1 shot on anything with 100% shield and hull, spending component to repair ship than getting longer and longer respawn. Meanwhile you see you teammate getting 1 shooted too and in no time unimatrix ship is back up to 100%.

I like a challenge but at least but at least I'd like to shoot back a little before getting blown up.

valoreah 06-13-2013 05:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by innuwarrior (Post 10783571)
I like a challenge but at least but at least I'd like to shoot back a little before getting blown up.

1 shotting is Cryptic version of "challenge".

deadspacex64 06-13-2013 08:51 AM

hive onslaught is a logic fail in any case because of the lances

>hive mind< we now have a weapon that can destroy any ship it hits, we shall equip this on all our unimatrix vessels and prepare for the assault on the alpha quadrant.

***1 month later***

>hive mind< we have 12 unimatrix ships equipped and ready, further assault fleet assets include 8 tactical cubes, 12 cubes, 16 spheres, 24 assault probes, 16 each tractor and regeneration probes.

we estimate alpha quadrant will be borg within 1 standard year.

***wolf 359 redux***

<Enterprise> we have the borg on long range sensors, they've just come within 20km of the flee....*BOOM*

***1 hour later in orbit of earth***

resistence is futile, we are the borg

if the borg have a weapon that can obliterate any ship at long range, they'd use it, they're not human, not klingon, they are practical, they will use what works. since the devs deemed that the borg do have an ultimate weapon...resistence is futile once you carry out what they'd do with that weapon. combine that one with the plasma bolts? yeah...i'd start looking for real estate in another galaxy somewhere, this one belongs to the borg.

in game terms, one shot kills are a LAZY game design mechanic, and as illustrated by the above point, make no sense in the STO universe especially if given to the borg. other races might hesitate to use a weapon of such destructive power...not the borg.

reyan01 06-13-2013 08:59 AM

Haven't bothered with it for ages either - it's just a nonsense Zerg-rush and is about as enjoyable as an enema.