Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Gameplay Bug Reports (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=69)
-   -   Who is Leonardy Nimoy? (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=74469)

Archived Post 01-21-2010 05:46 AM

Who is Leonardy Nimoy?

Yes, i know who Leonard Nimoy is.. but in the latest release notes, whoever typed them up left a 'y' on the end of 'Leonard'

"Leonardy Nimoy now provides an audio journal Voice Over as you enter each new Sector Block

This only appears on the release notes headlines in the launcher, not the actual release notes Jan 20 web page.

I just thought someone might want to change it, or not.... ;)

Archived Post 01-21-2010 06:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beetlejuice (Post 1564528)
Yes, i know who Leonard Nimoy is.. but in the latest release notes, whoever typed them up left a 'y' on the end of 'Leonard'

"Leonardy Nimoy now provides an audio journal Voice Over as you enter each new Sector Block

This only appears on the release notes headlines in the launcher, not the actual release notes Jan 20 web page.

I just thought someone might want to change it, or not.... ;)

Well, times are hard, and a Leonardy Nimoy is much cheaper that getting the man himself. You can't fault Dave Nimoy's voice acting, it is very Leonardy.

Archived Post 01-21-2010 07:07 AM

Leonardy, Leonardish, Leonardier, Leonardiest.

Ah, but the question is this: Who is more Leonardy, Zachary Quinto, or Mark Lenard? I think I would say that Zachary Quinto is Leonardish, but I don't think he is quite Leonardy. Mark Lenard, on the other hand? Now he is a pretty Leonardy guy! Leonard Nimoy is the Leonardiest one of all though, and that will never change.

Next episode, we will be comparing the words Leonardy, Neonerdy, Quasinerdy, and Seminerdy.

Archived Post 01-22-2010 11:27 AM

Fear not verbosity!

Archived Post 01-22-2010 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rusty_Diodes
Ah, but the question is this: Who is more Leonardy, Zachary Quinto, or Mark Lenard? I think I would say that Zachary Quinto is Leonardish, but I don't think he is quite Leonardy. Mark Lenard, on the other hand? Now he is a pretty Leonardy guy! Leonard Nimoy is the Leonardiest one of all though, and that will never change.

Next episode, we will be comparing the words Leonardy, Neonerdy, Quasinerdy, and Seminerdy.

You forgot Pseudo Nerdy! *shakes fist*

Archived Post 01-22-2010 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pseudo Nym
You forgot Pseudo Nerdy! *shakes fist*

Hmm, I suppose we could add pseudo-nerdy, if you will agree to hyphenate! As a two word phrase, it would be unceremoniously disqualified.

Archived Post 01-22-2010 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rusty_Diodes
Hmm, I suppose we could add pseudo-nerdy, if you will agree to hyphenate! As a two word phrase, it would be unceremoniously disqualified.

I can dig on that. :cool:

Archived Post 01-22-2010 03:02 PM

Not that I want to complain to listening to Leonard Nimoy offer basic STO history lessons to help set the mood for the game... But by this point in the STO universe's timeline, Spock has long since gone to the past, and is now considered Missing or Dead... For continuity's sake, why would Spock, who we know to have crossed into an alternate timeline (and whom we also know would not know the current events of his home reality, due to being removed from it) be narrating a story he couldn't possibly know?

Other than that question of continuity, I'm all for having spiffy narration.

Archived Post 01-22-2010 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightsgale (Post 1597615)
Not that I want to complain to listening to Leonard Nimoy offer basic STO history lessons to help set the mood for the game... But by this point in the STO universe's timeline, Spock has long since gone to the past, and is now considered Missing or Dead... For continuity's sake, why would Spock, who we know to have crossed into an alternate timeline (and whom we also know would not know the current events of his home reality, due to being removed from it) be narrating a story he couldn't possibly know?

Other than that question of continuity, I'm all for having spiffy narration.

Well, they do have holodecks that have been featured in just about every series since TNG. So, maybe it's a holographic reproduction of Ambassador Spock?

To be honest, this guy has died and come back to life. Who are we to question what he's doing giving history lessons? Just nod sagely and order helm to fly away slowly.

Archived Post 01-22-2010 03:30 PM

Well, yeah, it could be a Holodeck reproduction of Spock offering a basic history lesson, and it's entirely likely that it may end up being explained as such in-game.

I'm just one of those people that nitpicks at just about any detail if it isn't readily apparent why something is the way it is. It doesn't mean I'm unhappy with the choice of Leonard Nimoy doing narrative work for the game.

IMHO, however, I feel the game would be made all the more awesome if they had narrations from many of the major Star Trek actors interspersed throughout the game. Certain Episodes have the narration done by certain of the actors due to their character having had some involvement in the situation, passing or otherwise... that sort of thing.

But. I will happily accept anything that Cryptic will give us, when in regards to STO, since it is a very good job, so far, and the game seems to only be getting better every time they update, be it small bugs vanishing or Lag being less and less of a problem, or better in-game command features... or a nostalgic narration.