Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Windows and General: PC, Network, and Other Technical Issues (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=401)
-   -   Reports of "Sever not Responding" & Lag [UPDATE: Results of investigation, post #170] (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=744811)

evilmark444 06-09-2013 02:47 PM

Reports of "Sever not Responding" & Lag [UPDATE: Results of investigation, post #170]

I was just disconnected at least 15 times in 15 minutes ... every time I log-in I lose connection within 15 seconds. If I stay on the character select screen more than 10 seconds I disco right there. Just to verify it wasn't just a romulan issue I got on one of my feds ... and after a lot of rubberbanding got disconnected on that one as well (lasted 30-45 seconds on that one).

Is anyone else having issues today??

tk1077 06-09-2013 11:09 PM

Since the "stability" patch, I have had nothing but instability. I have never crashed or timed out before this last patch and now it is a 50/50 chance that it will happen when I load into a zone.

drachenfeles 06-10-2013 12:27 AM

same here,
since last patch I got random timed out diconnections while on loading screens
the fun part is that map loads to 90-something % in like 2-3 seconds and then I get kicked
it usualy takes game ~5 seconds to load a map

chaz200565 06-10-2013 10:21 AM

More disconnecting from the game.its very annoying
I think this is a warning to come of another server crash on its way.
I hope cryptic/pwe see this,and fix the bugs very soon.
Ship station bug is another annoying problem

mic1001 06-10-2013 12:04 PM

can't even log on right now, so many issues with the server bugs,. really annoying.

khazimir 06-10-2013 01:12 PM

What is up with the servers?!!

What the heck is up with the servers today?!! I can't even do ONE foundry mission without constant lag and Server Not Responding issues. This is beyond ridiculous Cryptic! Not even a peep out of you on what the problems might be, NOTHING!!!! How about you work on Customer Service and TELL us what you plan on doing to fix this. And don't tell me that it's MY internet because it's not! I'm playing Eve Online right now and not one single lag or connection issue.

This has been going on since the release of LoR. You need to either A) Fix the servers you have now or B) Buy new servers for STO and another whole cluster for the Network Servers. Take a page out of CCP's book and do it right!!!!!

/endrant

chaz200565 06-10-2013 01:26 PM

I've been having disconnection problems all day.
This has to be a prelude to a server crash on its way to us.
Come on Cryptic/pwe,sort out the clapped servers. you make enough money,buy some new more advanced servers that can cope and be bug free.

crusty8mac 06-10-2013 02:03 PM

The stability issues don't seem to be improving. Besides ever increasing amounts of disconnects, I now have to reboot my computer before I can restart the game.

>>edit / Now rebooting doesn't work. I'm locked out of the game.

szerontzur 06-10-2013 02:09 PM

Yeah, I was noticing issues to the extent that I thought something started monopolizing my connection in the background. Even after closing down steam and other likely suspects, however, I still managed to timeout in the midst of battle - along with all the lag spikes. (Is there an ingame latency tracker?)

josephdridgeway 06-10-2013 02:14 PM

And, yet, I have not had a single problem today. Go figure.