Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   The Academy (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=127)
-   -   DOFFs Unavailable (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=745201)

jackent 06-10-2013 06:21 PM

DOFFs Unavailable

I've searched through the existing threads and don't seem to find a satisfactory answer so I'll post it here. When doing DOFF missions I've had several occasions come up where particular DOFFs are required to complete a mission. That being said I will have no other DOFF missions currently active and several DOFFs that could possibly fill the role of what is required, but even without using the First Officer it only gives me access to certain DOFFs. For example I will be running the mission to Fabricate Prototype Console From Alien Artifact which requires all engineering slots to be filled for the success rate at Green, Blue, and Purple Quality to increase. I have several DOFFs to fill each of those roles at varying levels, but even not using the First Officer suggestions, I only have access to a Security DOFF, an Engineering DOFF, and so on. As I said I have access to other engineering DOFFs and this is without any other DOFF missions running. Am I doing something wrong or does anyone have any suggestions? This is getting quite frustrating. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

verlaine11 06-10-2013 06:46 PM

Do the Doffs you are wanting to use have Resolve?, that is a required trait that they must have for all 5 slots

http://sto.gamepedia.com/Assignment:...Alien_Artifact

trycksh0t 06-10-2013 06:47 PM

If I'm remembering correctly, Fabricate Prototype Consoles REQUIRES Doffs with the Resolve trait, not just an Engineering Doff.

Ninja'd :(

jackent 06-10-2013 07:19 PM

They don't actually. The requirement for Blue Quality is Engineering while Purple is Cunning, Efficient, and Stubborn. Even at that, I can't use any of my other DOFFs than the five that are given in Security, Engineering, Operations, Science, and Medical(one per each). It does this on a lot of my DOFF missions. Even when I have several of the needed DOFFs it won't let me use them.

mikec1013 06-10-2013 07:52 PM

I see two possible issues here:
1) Yes, those DOffs need to have Resolve in order to fabricate the console from the powered alien artifact. This is why you will see DOffs from other departments. Some assignments require resolve, others require specialties like a botanist, warp core engineer, etc. Some require resilient, others telepathic. Sometimes its security in general and sometimes its a security officer specifically.
2) Have you purchased DOffs from the exchange? You might have bought ones you can't use. If they are KDF DOffs your FED captain can't use them, but the game will allow you to purchase them and they will sit in your roster taking up space.

Edited for typos. Using my phone. Originally the doffs were talking up space, which would require you to have more councilors than usual.
And I think councilors is wrong... Counselors? Councilors?

grouchyotaku 06-10-2013 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jackent (Post 10739731)
They don't actually. The requirement for Blue Quality is Engineering while Purple is Cunning, Efficient, and Stubborn. Even at that, I can't use any of my other DOFFs than the five that are given in Security, Engineering, Operations, Science, and Medical(one per each). It does this on a lot of my DOFF missions. Even when I have several of the needed DOFFs it won't let me use them.

These are actually the 'bonus' requirements. Just to be eligible for the assignment, the Doff must have Resolve. Its stated in the Position description, but since its a requirement, and not a bonus trait, its not listed under bonus...

jackent 06-11-2013 02:34 PM

Checking right now, Either way, thanks for the suggestions as it is. At least it is giving me ideas as to other areas to look at.

jackent 06-11-2013 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grouchyotaku (Post 10741301)
the Doff must have Resolve.

Yep, that is it. Stupid me. Should have looked closer. Thank you all for your time. Just can't believe I only have 5 officers with Resolve out of 400. C'est la vie. Thanks again.