Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   PvP Gameplay (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=125)
-   -   Fleet Wars (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=745241)

magnumoftheblack 06-10-2013 07:04 PM

Fleet Wars

Am I the only one that thinks that Cryptic should allow Federation fleets flip the switch to war against Klingon Fleets?

What I mean is, Either a Fed or Klingon fleet should have the option to challenge as many enemy fleets as they wish and if the fleet accepts, they are automatically "Red" to each other so if they run into enemies at DS9, Drozana Station, Risa, New Romulus and any area where Fed and Klingon fleets can meet they can immediately shoot each other. Also there should be a planet (e.g. Andoria) where they can fight in space and on the ground.

Am I living the past of the old SWG days? Or do others think that this could be fun?

warrenconrad 06-10-2013 07:10 PM

I like this idea.
Had some good guild wars in SWG. That kind of action could be a lot of fun in STO.

darthtrekker4400 06-10-2013 07:17 PM

I totally agree. I wish PvP was more worthwhile to more players. I absolutely love PvP, but not many people play, and I do not feel like waiting most of the time for people to join the quenue. I have never played SWG, but I like your idea.

I wish that there was a sector block for PvP similar to Battlestar Galactica Online. Federation and Klingons fight each other for control of the sector block by capturing planets throughout the sector. First, they would have to wipe out the enemy presence in the space are around the planet and then wipe out the enemy on the ground to capture the planet. Plus, if sector control had an impact on game-play, people would play in that PvP. The only bad thing is that the Klingons would automatically have fewer numbers, so they are at a disadvantage. That is how it is for the Cylons most of the time because most people play as the Colonials on BSGO.

aquitaine985 06-10-2013 11:33 PM

Sounds awesome, but that war would last the better part of an afternoon.

Feds out number Klinks in EVERY way.

mrkollins 06-11-2013 12:53 AM

Absolutely

patrickngo 06-11-2013 01:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aquitaine985 (Post 10741891)
Sounds awesome, but that war would last the better part of an afternoon.

Feds out number Klinks in EVERY way.

even in defeat it would be Glorious...for us KDF players. Reason being, choosing KDF is different from choosing Fed, it reflects different expectations, including the idea that "Yeah, you know, fighting is good."

To keep it interesting, maybe add objectives-access to something from the other side maybe, or special prizes and drops only available to fleets that participate in such a programme.

edalgo 06-11-2013 06:47 AM

PvP assassination mode. Brand new element I'd love to try.

nastross 06-11-2013 07:16 AM

I highly disagree with field PvP.

aquitaine985 06-11-2013 11:20 AM

This all sounds as lot like some of the ideas DrkFrontiers has for PvP, really interesting stuff.

johnny111971 06-11-2013 11:27 AM

Gets my vote!

To the poster commenting about the KDF having fewer players, wouldnt necessarily matter in this case. If Fed Fleet A challenges KDF Fleet X... they can decide amonst the fleet leaders to accept the challenge. At some point making sure the fleet sizes are similar.

I do think there needs to be a player flag to toggle availability to PvP or not (and something like a countdown to remove (i.e. you can't turn it on, take a pot shot then immediately turn it off). Once deactivated, you remain "targetable" for 5 minutes?

I honestly lke this idea very much... imagine flying through sector space, and spotting your enemy... and engaging in 1v1 immediately. Taking your team over to the Fed Start Base system or KDF Base system, and attacking...

As someone else stated... seeing your enemy in DS9, and attacking. Tons of possibilities... I'm game!