Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Windows and General: PC, Network, and Other Technical Issues (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=401)
-   -   Known Software Conflicts (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=749591)

pwebranflakes 06-13-2013 11:55 AM

Known Software Conflicts

Hi Captains,

The following third-party applications *may* cause stability issues with the Star Trek Online client. Please be sure to disable them before playing if you notice any issues while you have them running.

Teamviewer
DisplayFusion
MSI Afterburner

For issues with Teamviewer, this post may help, and for Display Fusion, this post has more info.

We'll update this post with any other known third-party software conflicts.

Also, If the programs listed are working for you currently, then it's all good :) The above *may* cause conflicts for some, but if it has not before for you, it *shouldn't* start now. Let us know if it does, but there were no recent changes that should have made it start if it was fine before.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

playhard88 06-13-2013 12:11 PM

msi afterburner? whyyyyy! i use it for overclock and gpu fan control

pwebranflakes 06-13-2013 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by playhard88 (Post 10801661)
msi afterburner? whyyyyy! i use it for overclock and gpu fan control

If it's working for you currently, then it's all good :) The above *may* cause conflicts for some, but if it has not before for you, it *shouldn't* start now. Let us know if it does, but there were no recent changes that should have made it start if it was fine before.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

graleron 06-13-2013 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pwebranflakes (Post 10801341)
Mumble

Are you pointing the finger at Mumble as a whole, or the STO plugin?

I ask because Mumble is voice-comms software used by many guilds and fleets, including mine.

tobar26th 06-13-2013 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pwebranflakes (Post 10801841)
If it's working for you currently, then it's all good :) The above *may* cause conflicts for some, but if it has not before for you, it *shouldn't* start now. Let us know if it does, but there were no recent changes that should have made it start if it was fine before.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Likewise I've never found teamviewer a problem :confused:WEll unless someone tries to dial in to it lol

sneyeper 06-13-2013 12:58 PM

Yup. My fleet uses Mumble and this isn't news to me.

pwebranflakes 06-13-2013 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pwebranflakes (Post 10801841)

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

------------^ Going to quote myself :)

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

graleron 06-13-2013 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pwebranflakes (Post 10802801)
------------^ Going to quote myself :)

Could you get more information as to what conflicts Mumble has with STO, please? This is information I'll need to feed back to my guild and fleet and I need to be able to say more than a caveman-like "Mumble bad."

Thanks.

jonathanlonehawk 06-13-2013 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by graleron (Post 10803761)
Could you get more information as to what conflicts Mumble has with STO, please? This is information I'll need to feed back to my guild and fleet and I need to be able to say more than a caveman-like "Mumble bad."

Thanks.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

What are the conflicts? Crashes? Performance slowdowns? Exactly what is the conflict? You really can't just drop a bombshell like that about a VOIP server without some details.

brazen1ace 06-13-2013 02:25 PM

I have been using Mumble for while and I have had no problems with it. So like everyone else on this thread. We need details! It might not affect us but we still would like to know.