Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   The Art of Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=216)
-   -   Risian Explorer Outfit is (also) worthless (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=769381)

somebob 06-27-2013 07:41 PM

Risian Explorer Outfit is (also) worthless
 
To nobody's surprise, the Risian Explorer outfit is designed just for itself (on females anyway).

Does it work with the off-duty Merc stuff? Nope (massive clipping).

Does it work with ANY belts? Nope (massive clipping).

Does it work with scarves? Nope (massive clipping).

Do the 'pants' (just another texture of the UGLY 'poorly tucked into large boots' pants option) work with anything short exactly one footwear option? Nope. Unless you can explain the huge untucked leg parts just sitting there.

Is said retexture offered in Uniforms? Nope.

Can you use either the top or bottom on your BOFFs? Nope (although it does say Captain only, so I'm not surprised there).

Why the @#^!@ do we still have the pointless and annoying as all get out Uniform and Off-Duty division of things? REMOVE IT. And if it's CBS' doing, tell them to go stuff it.

Worthless worthless costume 'set'. And I thought the leftovers we got on CO were bad.

kirksplat 06-27-2013 07:45 PM

I wish I could be an npc on Risa.

catoblepasbeta 06-27-2013 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by somebob (Post 11090261)
To nobody's surprise, the Risian Explorer outfit is designed just for itself (on females anyway).

Does it work with the off-duty Merc stuff? Nope (massive clipping).

Does it work with ANY belts? Nope (massive clipping).

Does it work with scarves? Nope (massive clipping).

Do the 'pants' (just another texture of the UGLY 'poorly tucked into large boots' pants option) work with anything short exactly one footwear option? Nope. Unless you can explain the huge untucked leg parts just sitting there.

Is said retexture offered in Uniforms? Nope.

Can you use either the top or bottom on your BOFFs? Nope (although it does say Captain only, so I'm not surprised there).

Why the @#^!@ do we still have the pointless and annoying as all get out Uniform and Off-Duty division of things? REMOVE IT. And if it's CBS' doing, tell them to go stuff it.

Worthless worthless costume 'set'. And I thought the leftovers we got on CO were bad.

Don't forget that the whole set of clothing is inexplicably shiny on-par with the tholian silk robes. Extremely disappointing, particularly in the face of how much grinding you have to do for it, but its slipshod implementation doesn't hold a candle next to the sunglasses IMO, which look like absolute garbage. (seriously, the round ones appear to be the same model as the octagonal ones, just compressed on the y-axis. I have seen better looking Sunglasses on the PS1, they are so bad. They don't even have earpieces-they just sit on top of your nose!

Going to have to agree with Kirksplat here-the npcs have far better quality outfits than what Cryptic implemented for players-completely baffling.

superherofan 06-27-2013 08:08 PM

The costumes are just horribly, horribly bad. They are way too buggy, they don't go well with anything else, and for male characters, I don't think they come with shorts/barefeet options for whatever reason. Not worth the price AT ALL!

somebob 06-27-2013 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by catoblepasbeta (Post 11090691)
Going to have to agree with Kirksplat here-the npcs have far better quality outfits than what Cryptic implemented for players-completely baffling.

Agreed 1000%. I hate it when the NPCs look better than the players can. And in this case...WOW can they look better than we can.

They look like they belong there.

We look like intruders upon their world.

superherofan 06-27-2013 08:10 PM

I've never wanted my money back, but I would really wish I could get my Lobi back after buying that outfit. Just absolutely horrible and worthless.

kaosistic 06-27-2013 08:12 PM

Came to risa to earn my fancy blue bikini only to be let down once again by this crap excuse of an event.... the pack you get is only usable on risa and no fancy clothes. these devs need to really get their heads out of there ferengi's foreheads before trying to crap out another half-assed event . I mean really

teknesia 06-27-2013 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaosistic (Post 11090811)
Came to risa to earn my fancy blue bikini only to be let down once again by this crap excuse of an event.... the pack you get is only usable on risa and no fancy clothes. these devs need to really get their heads out of there ferengi's foreheads before trying to crap out another half-assed event . I mean really

Yeah, I know what I am avoiding from now on out. I went there to get some added clothing options for my KDF char, but if that's all we're getting then forget it.

lexusk19 06-27-2013 08:36 PM

Agreed, this event is a fail in my book. Give us swimsuits and I will be a little more happy... Just let us use the NPC ones... T_T

thlaylierah 06-27-2013 08:48 PM

Sunglasses don't work on Aliens ether.

They don't scale to head size.

So 10,000 GPL down the drain.

It's like the Winter event scarfs not showing on the Time Traveller outfit.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:39 PM.