Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Galactic News Network (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Friday Screenshots Available - 6/28/2013 (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=770071)

pwebranflakes 06-28-2013 09:01 AM

Friday Screenshots Available - 6/28/2013

We've added 3 new screenshots to the screenshot gallery. Information about the upcoming Romulan Dreadnought Warbirds will be posted in a Dev Blog later today and in one this coming Monday.

Link to the gallery.

lordhavelock 06-28-2013 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pwebranflakes (Post 11100421)
We've added 3 new screenshots to the screenshot gallery. Information about the upcoming Romulan Dreadnought Warbirds will be posted in a Dev Blog later today and in one this coming Monday....

So "pointless" teaser blog today, and actual ship details on Monday. Got it.

:P

pwebranflakes 06-28-2013 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lordhavelock (Post 11100771)
So "pointless" teaser blog today, and actual ship details on Monday. Got it.

:P

"Pointless"? That's a bit harsh, and I'm going to have to disagree personally. Our artists enjoy celebrating the work they've created and sharing it with players through a blog. While the stats and abilities are sure interesting, celebrating the design process is just as important IMO as there would be no ship (and therefore no stats or abilities) without the incredible work our ship artists do.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

cidstorm 06-28-2013 09:23 AM

The renovated Scimitar looks amazing, but I am pretty sad they all use so many of the same parts. The differences are extremely minimal, which is good because because the original design is so great, but sad because the artists didn't get to experiment. We also didn't really get a scimitar that looked more like a traditional Romulan warbird.

I wonder if this is more an experiment on the companies part on what will sell more, or if this was the lack of time or money striking again. The wings being so similar is completely understandable, animating different firing sequences would be hellish. Despite the minimal differences I still hope the customizability is great, the really varied areas like the engines and weapon pods will be super fun to play with, can't wait.

thumpyecho 06-28-2013 09:24 AM

...you guys are such teasers.......nice pics in any case.....

Joke time: ....Apparently I have been to Mars but, I don't recall!!...........do you get it?:D

tenkari 06-28-2013 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cidstorm (Post 11100971)
The renovated Scimitar looks amazing, but I am pretty sad they all use so many of the same parts. The differences are extremely minimal, which is good because because the original design is so great, but sad because the artists didn't get to experiment. We also didn't really get a scimitar that looked more like a traditional Romulan warbird.

I wonder if this is more an experiment on the companies part on what will sell more, or if this was the lack of time or money striking again. The wings being so similar is completely understandable, animating different firing sequences would be hellish. Despite the minimal differences I still hope the customizability is great, the really varied areas like the engines and weapon pods will be super fun to play with, can't wait.

well, differences that we can see now. the wings are animated, and sicne the wings all look different, will likely look different while animating and we cant see the entirety of every ship, makes it hard to tell what other differences there could be.

madajmama 06-28-2013 09:28 AM

They look awesome.

Nicely done :)

twam 06-28-2013 09:32 AM

Granted, they look very good. I really like the look of the Falchion. It's got something of a Bird of Prey look to it, though probably many times larger. If not, and it really is a Bird of Prey on steriods rather than the cruiser-like vessel I expect it to be, I might well consider buying it :)

lordmanzelot 06-28-2013 09:46 AM

looks nice ...

crypticarmsman 06-28-2013 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pwebranflakes (Post 11100421)
We've added 3 new screenshots to the screenshot gallery. Information about the upcoming Romulan Dreadnought Warbirds will be posted in a Dev Blog later today and in one this coming Monday.

Link to the gallery.

Funny - the entry on the main page states 4 screenshots (Since it's all Romulan stuff, maybe one screenshot is cloaked? :eek::D;))