Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Gameplay Bug Reports (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=69)
-   -   Unplayable lag during "ground" encounters (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=77084)

Archived Post 01-22-2010 02:05 PM

Unplayable lag during "ground" encounters

Since the patch on the 20th i have had lag so bad on the ground missions it's simply unplayable, plus since the patch on the 21st i have been disconnected everytime i try and join a pvp instance.

Prior to these patches everything was wonderful and smooth.

Anyone else haivng these problems?

Anyone know if it's solvable, or if it's just a problem with the server. I know my friend does not have any lag issues at all.

It's not my PC, it's not my connection.

Archived Post 01-22-2010 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Old.Tallen (Post 1595469)
Since the patch on the 20th i have had lag so bad on the ground missions it's simply unplayable, plus since the patch on the 21st i have been disconnected everytime i try and join a pvp instance.

Anyone know if it's solvable, or if it's just a problem with the server. I know my friend does not have any lag issues at all.

The only time I had that problem was when I was using the 195 nvidia drivers, which went away after going to 190's. Since the patch, I have actually seen a bit better performance both network and graphics. Maybe they changed something that has had the opposite desired effect on your setup. Maybe doing steps like updating/rolling back drivers could help, or playing around with game settings.

Archived Post 01-22-2010 02:30 PM

got to admit since last patch I've had to fiddle with my video settings more when on stations.

Archived Post 01-22-2010 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Old.Tallen (Post 1595469)

It has to be your PC or your connection, because I know I'm not experiencing these issues and you seem to be the rarity here. What are your system specs? Keep in mind that with the 1.20.10 patch all video options were reset to recommended based on what your specs look like. If you are using an ATI card, then try lowering dynamic lights to 2.

I've found that when I have the dynamic lights set to anything higher than 2, I experience horrible stuttering and jumping when in ground combat. This results in a client crash 9 times out of 10. So for now, I set everything to max and set the dynamic lights to 2. Works great.