Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Star Trek Online General Discussion (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=128)
-   -   Block the emote spam!!!! (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=771591)

magebardock 06-27-2013 08:19 PM

Annoying spam of emotes in all chat tabs

this bug begin to become annoying especially on risa for example during the dance event where 30 people dance in same time i have 30 lines (sometimes more with some dance).

i tried to uncheck every chat but still have emotes.

So please do something quick !!! we can't follow any conversation cause of this.

Thanks by advance.

captainreeed 06-28-2013 04:32 AM

I just wanted to my voice to this very annoying issue. As magebardock points out, being unable to disable emotes in any chat tab while doing the dance competition makes chat almost impossible. You receive an unavoidable flood of dance emotes whether you like it or not.

nicha0 06-28-2013 06:32 AM

Odd, none of my tabs show emotes that aren't supposed to

tazurensavulen 06-28-2013 10:45 PM

What happened to emote chat?

<Dunno if this thread was done before.>

So, before Legacy of Romulus launched we could turn off seeing emotes in certain tabs, now we have to have see all those emotes now unless we are on a character made prior to Legacy. I really don't like doing the Risan dance off and having all my chat tabs flooded with emotes.

tennytenten 06-29-2013 12:29 AM

OMG, I totally agree! Its a nightmare sorting through all that stuff to see the actually people talking!

virusdancer 06-29-2013 12:44 AM

Yep, one of those little quality of life things...not being plagued by emote spam would be pretty nifty.

tazurensavulen 06-29-2013 01:40 AM

I hate it when there are at least two dozen people on Risa doing the dance party and all you see is emotes for dance moves. It's annoying.

mattjohnsonva 06-29-2013 02:49 AM

Ah so it's new characters that get this problem, I wondered why it didn't affect my older characters. Yes when the dance is on you can forget any other kind of communication, actually had to leave the planet a couple of times to continue a fleet convo.

ferdzso0 06-29-2013 02:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mattjohnsonva (Post 11115111)
Ah so it's new characters that get this problem, I wondered why it didn't affect my older characters. Yes when the dance is on you can forget any other kind of communication, actually had to leave the planet a couple of times to continue a fleet convo.

actually it affects older chars too.

I had my fleet chat set up, the way, that I forgot to turn off the emotes, as it never rly bothered me, and I could see atleast, if a fleet mate, just went past by me, and waved or something

now I cant see fleet chat, because of that, during the dance :S

fortunately in other chats, I turned it off

tc10b 06-29-2013 02:55 AM

I had it turned off by default on some of my older characters and it has remained so, but I've not been able to find an option to turn it off on my new characters.

I would love to be able to turn this on and off like before.