Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Feature Episodes, Events and PvE Content (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=122)
-   -   Risa Event Feedback and Suggestions. (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=772051)

stevilfirebrand 06-29-2013 01:02 PM

Risa Event Feedback and Suggestions.

Hi Guys,

Firstly top job on the event. It is fun and I am enjoying it. However I have found myself thinking about certain things as I'm going around so I thought I'd share my thoughts.

1. There should be more stuff to do. I'm having fun with the dance party and the Horgahn hunting and the accolades including Pavyl. But I wish there were more way to earn the favours... perhaps running simultaneously so you can choose what you want to do.

2. The dance thingy is a bit boring and is just a time sink. It needs work. Maybe do something with the arrow keys to make it a little more fun/challenging?

3. The flying courses are a bit short and basic. They're not really a challenge and you're not rewarded for upgrading your floater.

4. I'd like some flying races please. That's a big island and why not add some races that take you all over it with slightly smaller gates to make it a challenge. Top 5 places get some extra pearls?

5. Boat rides. I'd like to go on a boat cruise around the island... perhaps for an achievement?

6. Pedalos. I want to rent a pedalo and go for a spin in the sea.

7. Loads of people are asking for swimwear (i'm sure you're aware) and more outfits to be won by getting the favours. Please can we have more. It's a long event and there's plenty of time for people to get more favours.

8. Monkey Paintball. You see them monkeys running round the island? Can we shoot them with paintballs to earn some favours?

I'll add more when I think of them... Keep up the good work :)

igorche81 06-30-2013 02:57 AM

Monkey Paintball? Really? Hurting innocent animals is fun to you? I'm with you on all you said but this... No. Boat rides, sure. Pedalos, why the hell not. Races, Definitely. But how about this? 3-5 islands, race to pickup something from all of them and return to a guy that gave you the quest in time limit? That would be great. And you only play it with 4 more players. So it's a standard PvE competition. Cryptic should also add boats to buy for favors like the floaters. So you can fly to pick up stuff from those islands or go with your boat. And Boats should be Rental = White, Standard = Green, Advanced = Blue, Superior = Purple, just like the floaters. Your own boat to go around islands but for the higher price then floaters. Like double the price. Also this Event map is way more fun and beautiful then standard Risa map. It should be made permanent instead of original one and bring expanded with 3-5 or 10 islands only when summer event starts. That's all I want.

stevilfirebrand 06-30-2013 09:32 AM

You question the morality of shooting paintballs at the poor monkeys when you have no problems shooting and killing Klingons and Romulans and Hirogen and all those other species? They're sentient beings and they all have families and children and pets at home. But you don't give a monkeys about that??

Not to mention the shiploads of families you orphan every time you blow up a starship!!

But yeah... the monkey paintball was a revision of my original idea involving C4 and miniguns :)

stevilfirebrand 06-30-2013 09:33 AM

Why not have a PVP paintball game on the island?

rainbowarcana 06-30-2013 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevilfirebrand (Post 11122121)
Hi Guys,

Firstly top job on the event. It is fun and I am enjoying it. However I have found myself thinking about certain things as I'm going around so I thought I'd share my thoughts.

1. There should be more stuff to do. I'm having fun with the dance party and the Horgahn hunting and the accolades including Pavyl. But I wish there were more way to earn the favours... perhaps running simultaneously so you can choose what you want to do.

3. The flying courses are a bit short and basic. They're not really a challenge and you're not rewarded for upgrading your floater.

7. Loads of people are asking for swimwear (i'm sure you're aware) and more outfits to be won by getting the favours. Please can we have more. It's a long event and there's plenty of time for people to get more favours.

I'll add more when I think of them... Keep up the good work :)

1) Agreed. Keep the event around and keep adding to it.

3) A thousand times no. The whole point of the flying course mission is to earn pearls for the Risian ship. This mission should never be gated in such a way as the reward is only achievable by the minority of players with twitch reflexes and the time and/or obsessiveness to grind favours for a high-speed floater. Some of us are old and have bad eyesight and jobs.

7) What's needed is one or two beginner costume pieces that can be purchased with EC. That way "vacationers" can change into their holiday clothes and hit the beach, just like in real life. Seeing all these people running around Risa in their uniforms don't look very relaxed.

igorche81 06-30-2013 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevilfirebrand (Post 11137571)
You question the morality of shooting paintballs at the poor monkeys when you have no problems shooting and killing Klingons and Romulans and Hirogen and all those other species? They're sentient beings and they all have families and children and pets at home. But you don't give a monkeys about that??

Not to mention the shiploads of families you orphan every time you blow up a starship!!

But yeah... the monkey paintball was a revision of my original idea involving C4 and miniguns :)

Last time I checked, those same Klingons, Romulans, Hirogen and countless other species fired at me. Monkeys don't.

tejanahawk 06-30-2013 10:21 PM

Risa is great, I would suggest leaving it attached to the old Risa after the summer event is over. Maybe then the speclal grinding/game stuff could be removed, but the Island, buildings, activities would remain. Storywise, Risa is supposed to be a pleasure planet all year long, so would be a great R&R place for combat weary crews anytime.

On the same token I thought a modified Winter Wonderland would be a great addition to Andoria. This would just give more stuff to do when visiting these places. Sometimes all the grinding and combat gets boring and its just nice to go explore. Like Picard said 'Remember when we used to be explorers?'

Another suggestion for Risa would be to either let you bring one bridge officer or a random selection of your bridge officers become NPC vacationers wandering about. It would play into the idea that your ship with battle weary crew are going to Risa to relax.

Cheers,
TJ

quepan 07-01-2013 04:01 PM

how about a water balloon fight ? they can use the snowball tech from winter event. it would be easy to implement .

gimpyc 07-01-2013 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by igorche81 (Post 11143861)
Last time I checked, those same Klingons, Romulans, Hirogen and countless other species fired at me. Monkeys don't.

Monkeys throw their poo.

porygonx1 07-05-2013 08:17 PM

Thanks for making this thread!

My general feeling is that the Summer Event is very fun, but not quite as good as the Winter Event.

The nice thing about the Winter Event is none of the events take too long. The events in the Summer Event are too long (speaking mostly of the Dance Competition; the Scavenger Hunt is fine) and force you to choose between playing the event and socializing.

The first three waves of the Dance Competition are fine, but the last (complete 20 dance moves) is a bit too long. It could have stopped after Complete 10.

Then there is the down time between events. During the Winter Event, one could socialize, grind in snow piles for more items, or just cause mischief by throwing snowballs.

The Summer Event doesn't really have "down time" as (stated above) the events run back to back, and if you choose to ignore them, there is little else you can do except hunt down accolades.

I agree with the following suggestions from the first poster:
1. Something like the snow pile grinding in the Winter Event?
2. Just make it shorter.
8. I agree that a player interactive thing like paintball, would be a good addition. Maybe not monkey paintball, but some paintball (or water gun/water balloon) stuff would be fun.

And I'd like to add a 9th suggestion: Summer Event themed Duty Officer missions. Like the available ones in the Winter Event.

Thank you.