Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Ten Forward (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=129)
-   -   Smallville's Lex Luthor wants you to help him get cast in Man of Steel 2 (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=774001)

hawkwing43 07-01-2013 06:48 AM

Smallville's Lex Luthor wants you to help him get cast in Man of Steel 2

I didn't watch smallville much, so I am not sure on Michael Rosenbaum's version of Lex. Anyway, IMO there needs to be a Lex Lutor in this next film, and he should use the events of what Zod did to turn people against Superman. At the same time use DNA from Zod, and maybe tech pieced together to make his own supermen. I wouldn't make this the main plot of the new movie, just a back story, while something else is the main plot of the movie. Of and put in a cameo of the New Bruce Wayne in this film, use is as a setup to any new Batman movie.

What do you guys think about this story?

http://www.buzzfocus.com/2013/06/19/...an-of-steel-2/

hevach 07-01-2013 06:55 AM

Not sure about having Lex go full proxy war with an artificial Superman out of the gate, but he'd be a great villain for the second movie.

If they follow the formula that worked well for Batman, particularly, he'd be logical. Start off with a less iconic villain who's closely tied to the origin story, who's abilities mirror the hero, and who can force the hero to question their own ethics (Ra'as/Zod, who share the additional distinction that their hero has killed them or left them for dead in multiple continuity branches, despite their code against killing), follow with an iconic villain who's more of an intellectual challenge than a physical one (Joker/Lex), and finish with a character who's primarily known for their role in breaking the hero (Bane/Doomsday).

Lex Luthor would also be the perfect recurring villain if they wanted to keep things more open ended like the Iron Man movies, where every villain has been penance for something Stark did or didn't do in his lifetime of being a terrible person. The sort of collateral damage that little fistfight with Zod caused probably didn't make many friends.

stardestroyer001 07-01-2013 07:38 AM

I've never seen Smallville, but I do recognize that love for an actor who should be playing the same character across new movies. I support ya.

lykum 07-01-2013 08:46 AM

Though I live here in Kansas, I'm just not that down with superman. I like plausible reality shows like Star Trek.

felixhex 07-01-2013 08:51 AM

I don't think he should play Lex in MOS 2 because he played Lex in Smallville. For me, watched every episode Smallville, his version of Lex was like Heath Ledgers Joker. Before his Lex there was no Lex. Yes, There was a Lex in the movies but this guy played him for what was it, 7 years? 6?

That being said, bring in an actor with the presence that Henry Cavill has. I love the idea of Mark Strong playing Lex. I look at this guy and I see Lex in him for some reason. And I have seen him act before. He is amazing.

For the main villain though. Certainly not Doomsday. I don't even want Doomsday until after a Justice League movie. My reason for that is I want Superman to established in the DC universe. A trilogy, JL movie, then start a whole new trilogy of Superman. Part 4 he can face Doomsday. Its just that if he faces Doomsday and does not die in his movie then I will get pissed off. That would make me mad

I would like Brainiac held off until the third movie. Brainiac is a serious adversary. I feel like that would be a story worth telling later if a suitable villain can be found for now. I read somewhere Mongul would be good. Take Superman off world to battle world? While he is gone Lex is turning the world against Superman.

Bring another Kryptonian in. Supergirl needs to show up. How about Ha'el? There are literally a million different stories that could be told. I dont know if thats a good thing or a bad thing Snyder.

robeasom 07-01-2013 09:07 AM

Watched th Superman film on Saturday and wasn't impressed so would prefer they would give him a sequel especially not like the batman films which also did not impress me. the onl films that have impressed me have been Thor , Captain America and the Avengers film

zarxidejacko 07-01-2013 09:15 AM

Well for me Kevin Spacey did good job in previous film, only good thing about that movie, he is brilliant actor but he is to old for it now, Michael could do it... but give us Shinzon/Bane for Lex :D Go Hardy !

chrisedallen89 07-01-2013 10:11 AM

Between him and Strong... I say bring Mike in... I did watch Smallville and was impressed with how they delved into the character a bit more. So this is not a bad thing.. But again I am cautious about this because I think the Lex they might have him play is probably not going to be the same as previously. But again... who knows.

felixhex 07-01-2013 10:24 AM

Mark Strong or Tom Hardy for Lex Luthor.... I have to think about Tom Hardy but off the top of my head that would pretty awesome. He has a big screen presence.

steamwright 07-01-2013 01:23 PM

I was of the understanding that Michael no longer wanted to play Lex. As I heard it, he had a (reasonable) fear of becoming typecasted, thus he left the show, and had to be persuaded to return the last season.

Michael, by the way, has also voiced The Flash on Justice League, and I think a few direct-to-video animated movies.