Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Star Trek Online General Discussion (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=128)
-   -   Fly like a boss but don't dance like a scrub (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=779781)

knuhteb5 07-04-2013 12:54 PM

Fly like a boss but don't dance like a scrub

I'm finding flying around Risa to be quite fun. The scenery is quite beautiful, the jet packs give me a sense of freedom I never had b4, and I'm earning EC. Dancing, however, is a different story. It's a mind numbing exercise that essentially involves standing in the same exact spot while your phalanges grow sore pressing control + V over and over again. If you're lucky, some headless troll will walk by, providing some badly needed comedic relief but that's it. Even our birds can't take it. Normally our birds are soaring high and being majestic and such, but down on the dance floor, they grow fat from idling about, denied of their right to fly freely and gaily. You know what!? I say the line dance must stop HERE! THIS FAR NO FURTHER!! Take to the skies and be free my STO friends; don't ever let the RISA dance deprive of your dignity again!

shaitan100 07-04-2013 01:56 PM

uh...mmmkay...

virusdancer 07-04-2013 03:02 PM

Cryptic and dancing takes me back to when they introduced boomboxes in CoH. Played through betas, preordered, recommended it to friends and strangers alike...I quit within a week of boomboxes being introduced...

...though, I returned after I heard the madness had settled.

But uh, yeah...dancing...an assault on the senses and sensibilities.

knuhteb5 07-04-2013 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by virusdancer (Post 11236461)
Cryptic and dancing takes me back to when they introduced boomboxes in CoH. Played through betas, preordered, recommended it to friends and strangers alike...I quit within a week of boomboxes being introduced...

...though, I returned after I heard the madness had settled.

But uh, yeah...dancing...an assault on the senses and sensibilities.

Horrible, isn't it? Even the samba was mediocre and here I was thinking I might actually learn how to dance at these parties.

tekehd 07-05-2013 05:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by knuhteb5 (Post 11234471)
I'm finding flying around Risa to be quite fun. The scenery is quite beautiful, the jet packs give me a sense of freedom I never had b4, and I'm earning EC. Dancing, however, is a different story. It's a mind numbing exercise that essentially involves standing in the same exact spot while your phalanges grow sore pressing control + V over and over again. If you're lucky, some headless troll will walk by, providing some badly needed comedic relief but that's it. Even our birds can't take it. Normally our birds are soaring high and being majestic and such, but down on the dance floor, they grow fat from idling about, denied of their right to fly freely and gaily. You know what!? I say the line dance must stop HERE! THIS FAR NO FURTHER!! Take to the skies and be free my STO friends; don't ever let the RISA dance deprive of your dignity again!

During the dance, I just pin the emotes list and click the dance I want.... much easier.

lucianazeta 07-05-2013 06:02 AM

Dancing in STO is like watching your Commander Shepard try to dance in any ME game..

The horror..

futurepastnow 07-05-2013 07:41 AM

Just pin the emote list into its own window. Makes things much easier.