Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Romulan Gameplay (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=371)
-   -   Joined Trill for rumulan faction? (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=780401)

kelshando 07-05-2013 01:55 AM

Joined Trill for rumulan faction?
 
I did a search and didn't find anything.. so was wondering are joined Trill ever going to be allowed to join the Romulans as a starting race? Aren't trill supposed to be a neutral race?

carasucia83 07-05-2013 02:03 AM

Since Romulans are not Romulan and in fact end up either FED or KDF and joined trill are available to both, I see no reason why they shouldn't be available as a Romulan starting race.

misterde3 07-05-2013 02:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kelshando (Post 11243281)
I did a search and didn't find anything.. so was wondering are joined Trill ever going to be allowed to join the Romulans as a starting race? Aren't trill supposed to be a neutral race?

Not really, the reason Joined Trill had to be made avialable (non-Joined Trill are not avialable to the KDF) was due to the conditions drawn up for the pre-order and Digital Download users...which stipulated Joined Trill for them.
Cryptic appearently forgot there were two factions in the game at the time and forgot to make that part of the conditions faction-specific. So as a result they HAD to make Joined Trill available to the KDF as well. Personally I'd have preferred a KDF-specific solution like Augmented Klingons with the same stats...but that's another story. So this has nothing to do with Trill being neutral, otherwise both Trill and Joined Trill would be avialable to both factions. Instead it has everything to do with legal voodoo.

kelshando 07-05-2013 12:06 PM

Well I still think they should be made for the Romulan faction.. Cause I wont make one till they do.. all my toons are trill and want to continue that :-(

stirling191 07-05-2013 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kelshando (Post 11249591)
Well I still think they should be made for the Romulan faction.. Cause I wont make one till they do.. all my toons are trill and want to continue that :-(

Trill have no place in a Romulan faction. They're explicitly a Federation species from a Federation world, who only got added to the KDF because the best known Trill was shacking up with Worf.

If you're that desperate for a Rommie Trill, use the Alien generator and build yourself one.

kelshando 07-05-2013 02:34 PM

you cant make a alien joined trill.. and Jaz was dead before all this took place.

Also I have not read anything that Trill is a member of the Federation just a affiliate.. maybe there is another source of this information that I have not seen.

marc8219 07-05-2013 02:51 PM

You can't be a Caitian or Klingon either as a Romulan, and those are other purchased species, so no suprise here. KDF Trill was just added because of that offer and they didn't stipulate that it was Fed only, and it was somewhat canon because Curzon and Jadzia were accepted by Klingons. There are no Joined Trills that command that kind of respect from Romulans, in fact they may despise them because of Ezri Dax in the Vesta novels.

Its bad enough Romulan faction gets stuck with all the stupid aliengen characters, Trill would make even less sense then those. Picking something other then Romulan or Reman gimps yourself and the groups you are in anyway, aliens or Trill can't get the traits that Romulan or Remans get, I don't want to see these added to Romulan faction.

carasucia83 07-05-2013 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marc8219 (Post 11251601)
You can't be a Caitian or Klingon either as a Romulan, and those are other purchased species, so no suprise here. KDF Trill was just added because of that offer and they didn't stipulate that it was Fed only, and it was somewhat canon because Curzon and Jadzia were accepted by Klingons. There are no Joined Trills that command that kind of respect from Romulans, in fact they may despise them because of Ezri Dax in the Vesta novels.

Its bad enough Romulan faction gets stuck with all the stupid aliengen characters, Trill would make even less sense then those. Picking something other then Romulan or Reman gimps yourself and the groups you are in anyway, aliens or Trill can't get the traits that Romulan or Remans get, I don't want to see these added to Romulan faction.

I would much rather see Acamarians, Suliban, Yridians and others added to the game as either playable or at the very least, Boff races, all with interesting space traits

If Pakleds were added, anything is possible - has anyone actually seen a Pakled player character?

misterde3 07-06-2013 02:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stirling191 (Post 11249701)
Trill have no place in a Romulan faction. They're explicitly a Federation species from a Federation world,

Wrong, it is unclear whether Trill are part of the Federation.

Quote:

Originally Posted by stirling191 (Post 11249701)
who only got added to the KDF because the best known Trill was shacking up with Worf.

Wrong:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stormshade
The real reason?

The Joined Trill are a retail bonus item. We felt that punishing Klingon players for buying a box at a certain retailer and then suddenly discovering they couldn't use the advertised bonus was unfair.[...]

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...8&postcount=10

Like I already said, they were an ADVERTISED BONUS.

bluegrassgeek 07-06-2013 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carasucia83 (Post 11252461)
I would much rather see Acamarians, Suliban, Yridians and others added to the game as either playable or at the very least, Boff races, all with interesting space traits

If Pakleds were added, anything is possible - has anyone actually seen a Pakled player character?

Not in a long, long time. I think Cryptic mentioned a while back that female Pakled was the least played race combination in game.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:37 PM.