Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Federation Gameplay (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=165)
-   -   Friendly Death combat Loot Drops? (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=791621)

revlot 07-14-2013 09:26 AM

Friendly Death combat Loot Drops?

When playing with other Humans on any map, why do we not receive combat loot drops from friendly deaths? We get them from enemy deaths, so why not get them from ALL deaths?

skollulfr 07-14-2013 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by revlot (Post 11388851)
When playing with other Humans on any map, why do we not receive combat loot drops from friendly deaths? We get them from enemy deaths, so why not get them from ALL deaths?

too open to abuse?
why didnt you res them?

if cryptic implemented the need to resupply power-cells/grenades & other ground combat comodities, loot from friendlies might have a perpose.

voporak 07-14-2013 10:16 AM

My ship once was destroyed and I dropped a lock box.

But, yeah, friendly drops would be abused.

revlot 07-14-2013 11:32 AM

Would it would be abused?

Well, if it was dropping cores, then yes, it would be abused.

However.

If friendly drops were seismic stabilizers and batteries, then no, there would be little incentive to suicide repeatedly.

For me it is a matter of game balance, and it is such a little thing to implement as it is already IN the game. If some deaths are gonna drop loot then all deaths should drop loot, even if it is just some snail juice.

dknight0001 07-14-2013 07:33 PM

You want a reward for failure? A Team mate dying is a failure on the part of the team or the part of the player.

a3001 07-14-2013 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by revlot (Post 11388851)

So, let's assume that you are in the military and are leading a patrol when you come under attack. Everyone except you dies. You then loot your patrol of their gear and personal effects, and get out of there. What you're saying here is that you expect to be promoted from Private 1st class to full on Major General for getting your guys killed and looting them?

javaman1969 07-14-2013 07:55 PM

"We are one big happy fleet".

revlot 07-14-2013 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by a3001 (Post 11395361)
So, let's assume that you are in the military and are leading a patrol when you come under attack. Everyone except you dies. You then loot your patrol of their gear and personal effects, and get out of there.

You make it sound like a bad thing, like a thing that doesn't already happen all the time in real life.

I do more space than ground, so I think in space terms. Every ship, friendly or not, looses some of its contents undamaged to space when it's warp core breaches and disassembles the ship around it. This is currently true for PvE encounters. I suppose to be in line with the game, EvP drops should only be retrievable by the enemy, and give them a hell of a boost. Incentive to NOT die in battle, or if you do die - to not let the Enemy pick up the loot. Lol.

I'm just sayin...

f9thaceshigh 07-14-2013 08:26 PM

the problem with that is this is a game where you don't need your fallen buddies ammo to survive, this would merely reward people for dying.

revlot 07-14-2013 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by f9thaceshigh (Post 11395781)
the problem with that is this is a game where you don't need your fallen buddies ammo to survive, this would merely reward people for dying.

When I play Infected: The Conduit (Elite), and I 'Press The Cubes' and die a lot, I can earn up to 11 Borg Neural Processors. I feel well rewarded for dying up to 6 times during that PvE.