Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   The Foundry for Star Trek Online - Bug Reports (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=212)
-   -   Unable to Edit Due to Infinite Loading (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=791801)

captainazzarano 07-14-2013 12:54 PM

Unable to Edit Due to Infinite Loading

Ok,

I start the editing process, and I get the notification that the Foundry is "loading and patching updates". After it's finished, I'm taken to the editing screen, but everything is blank. All it says in the upper left hand is "Project Loading... Please Wait..." Then, the Preview Map box shows briefly, and I'm disconnected from the server.

I've tried editing other projects, but it's the same thing. Any ideas on what I could do? Any known fixes?

crypticfrost 07-15-2013 10:28 AM

Thank you for your report. Please see my response in this thread: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...1#post11402251

captainazzarano 07-15-2013 12:59 PM

CrypticFrost,

This is one glitch that I was able to fix. If this happens to anyone else, exit the GameClient and restart the launcher. The next time you go into a foundry mission to edit, it should work for you.

Compared to a lot of other foundry issues, this one was pretty easy. One down, many to go.

:)

crypticfrost 07-15-2013 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by captainazzarano (Post 11404651)
CrypticFrost,

This is one glitch that I was able to fix. If this happens to anyone else, exit the GameClient and restart the launcher. The next time you go into a foundry mission to edit, it should work for you.

Compared to a lot of other foundry issues, this one was pretty easy. One down, many to go.

:)

Good to hear, thanks.

doffingcomrade 07-18-2013 07:06 AM

I have this same issue, but no amount of restarting, switching computers, etc, changes anything. Monitoring network traffic reveals that absolutely no data is being sent or received during this time, meaning absolutely nothing is actually loading.

crypticfrost 07-18-2013 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doffingcomrade (Post 11453941)
I have this same issue, but no amount of restarting, switching computers, etc, changes anything. Monitoring network traffic reveals that absolutely no data is being sent or received during this time, meaning absolutely nothing is actually loading.

Have you tried disabling on demand patching?

doffingcomrade 08-26-2013 04:31 AM

I have found this thread again in an attempt to revisit the Foundry...it's still like this, though. I have left it to load for about 3 hours so far, during which absolutely no data has been downloaded and practically no traffic aside from what appears to be a keepalive signal transmitted.

"On Demand" Patching has always been disabled here, as I have found it to be extremely unreliable.

Issue persists across multiple unrelated accounts and multiple independent computers in all combinations.

zorbane 08-26-2013 09:18 AM

Is it on the same network? Could it be a firewall related issue?

Kinda throwing any ideas out right now...

crypticfrost 08-26-2013 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doffingcomrade (Post 12117351)
I have found this thread again in an attempt to revisit the Foundry...it's still like this, though. I have left it to load for about 3 hours so far, during which absolutely no data has been downloaded and practically no traffic aside from what appears to be a keepalive signal transmitted.

"On Demand" Patching has always been disabled here, as I have found it to be extremely unreliable.

Issue persists across multiple unrelated accounts and multiple independent computers in all combinations.

I'm sorry to hear you're still having problems. At this point, the best I can do for you is to suggest you contact customer service. I'm sorry I can't do more.

doffingcomrade 08-27-2013 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zorbane (Post 12121121)
Is it on the same network? Could it be a firewall related issue?

Nope. Totally unrelated networks. It just loads indefinitely. The only information ever received from the server after that point is exactly 90 bytes of unknown data, and then nothing from that point on. Some sort of keepalive signal is apparently transmited on occasion, but no data is received in response to this.