Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Controls, User Interface, and the STO Gateway (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=126)
-   -   Feedback Requested: Arc Download and STO Install via Arc (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=793591)

pwebranflakes 07-16-2013 12:00 PM

Feedback Requested: Arc Download and STO Install via Arc

Hi Captains,

Feel free to post feedback about your Arc download and STO install experiences here -- the Arc team will be watching this thread closely and looks forward to reading the feedback!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

robdmc 07-16-2013 12:10 PM

Quote:

All current Arc users will soon be able to enjoy exclusive offers and giveaways
Just out of curiosity, is this like the raptr give away or are we talking more along the lines of bonus zen/c-store discounts? I know you cannot give details, I'm just looking more for a sense or angle of this comment.

pwebranflakes 07-16-2013 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robdmc (Post 11418371)
Just out of curiosity, is this like the raptr give away or are we talking more along the lines of bonus zen/c-store discounts? I know you cannot give details, I'm just looking more for a sense or angle of this comment.

More details will be provided to Arc users once they are available :) Also, let's also keep this thread for feedback about the download and install experiences. Thanks!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

jkirk13 07-16-2013 12:23 PM

I've already installed ARC when it first came out and it has never read that I have STO already downloaded. It shows that I have Neverwinter but that's it. How do I fix this?

maddwolf 07-16-2013 12:24 PM

does this mean that STO will no longer be available to play/Download on STEAM???

spotter5 07-16-2013 12:25 PM

If I download this, do I need to redownload STO? or can I link my existing install into Arc?

rori 07-16-2013 12:26 PM

Is there an ETA on when Arc will patch and launch STO/CO/NW/future Cryptic games directly?

When I tried Arc in May, it was just an extra resource hog that didn't make launching Cryptic games any easier. It's been uninstalled since then and unless it either auto-updates Cryptic games or has a button for it to start updates directly it's not likely to be reinstalled unless the regular launcher is disabled.

Also, there was a major problem with it not detecting Cryptic games when it was installed forcing a full reinstall of the games that took up extra space on my HDD. On the whole, Arc was no end of aggravation for little to no gain in my experience.

f2pdrakron 07-16-2013 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rori (Post 11418661)
.. it was just an extra resource hog that didn't make launching Cryptic games any easier.

Here is my Feedback.

I have Steam, I use Steam when forced ... I will used Arc if forced and its a big if and I am getting tired of all the Steam wannabes, I am not going to flood my registry and my HDD with a bunch of useless launcher programs because Steam.

lordhavelock 07-16-2013 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pwebranflakes (Post 11418201)
Hi Captains,

Feel free to post feedback about your Arc download and STO install experiences here -- the Arc team will be watching this thread closely and looks forward to reading the feedback!

Is there a link somewhere that tells me about this Arc thing that I might provide feedback? I didn't see a link in the OP?

Quote:

Originally Posted by spotter5 (Post 11418641)
If I download this, do I need to redownload STO? or can I link my existing install into Arc?

I wonder about this too. Please advise.

burstdragon323 07-16-2013 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spotter5 (Post 11418641)

Quote:

Originally Posted by lordhavelock (Post 11418831)
Is there a link somewhere that tells me about this Arc thing that I might provide feedback? I didn't see a link in the OP?

I wonder about this too. Please advise.

No, It will detect your current STO/NW/Champs/etc games.