Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Tribble - Bug Reports (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=229)
-   -   Romulan Formal Uniform - 200 Day Vet (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=795491)

psiameese 07-18-2013 01:11 AM

Romulan Formal Uniform - 200 Day Vet

Clearly the style is intended to complement the already established Republic styles. Not the TOS or TNG styles. I suppose that is by design to reflect the faction itself. So there isn't a sash option for these. That being the case, IMO, the Upper jacket looks better with the Romulan rank shoulder pads. Without is too plain.

The pants lack a second and third color customization. For the side panel on the hips and for the stripe on the lower leg?
So as to match any customization we might set for the Upper portion.

Please keep working on these.

I was happy to see a Skirt option for female Romulans. Which does offer three categories of color customization. I do wonder about the length being too short? IMO, it might look better if the length were the same as the Starfleet Academy skirt? I'd have to stand next to a character with the Academy skirt to be sure.

However, the Skirt category offers both the pants and the skirt. So the pants need removed from that selection.

suaveks 07-18-2013 04:47 AM

A bit off-topic, but could you post a couple of screenshots of this uniform? Thanks in advance.

aexrael 07-18-2013 06:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by psiameese (Post 11450331)
The pants lack a second and third color customization

Only the female pants does, it seems to be a simple GUI issue, since loading the Uniform variant from a male character applies the proper color coding.

Another bug is loading the Uniform from a male character, doesn't apply the proper gloves to bridge officers. It applies padded gloves instead of the formal ones.

Quote:

Originally Posted by suaveks (Post 11452131)
A bit off-topic, but could you post a couple of screenshots of this uniform? Thanks in advance.

Male
Female

otisnoble 07-18-2013 06:34 AM

Aren't there supposed to be two more vet/lifetime sub uniforms? Can't Find them.

suaveks 07-18-2013 07:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aexrael (Post 11452871)

Thanks alot. I have to agree that the upper part seems kind of bland without any additions.

aexrael 07-18-2013 07:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by otisnoble (Post 11453001)
Aren't there supposed to be two more vet/lifetime sub uniforms? Can't Find them.

Admiral's Uniform seems to be MIA.

bberge1701 07-18-2013 11:27 AM

Faction?

Quote:

Originally Posted by aexrael (Post 11452871)

Are those uniforms faction-specific? They look more like the "allied" uniforms than the Republic jackets.

umaeko 07-18-2013 11:41 AM

I thought so too. The main material they use, texture-wise, feels a lot like Allied-Fed and Federation uniforms in general.

You know...

I'd love to complement those with the rank shoulder pads... but ever since the Romulan TNG costumes came out, those have been oversized. I was using them, and now that they are so large as to kind of float over a romulan female's soldier, I removed them.

It's too bad. They had kind of grown on me. I figure that helpd avoid clipping with the Romulan TNG costume, but now they look awkward on every other costume. *sigh*

ruinsfate 07-18-2013 05:03 PM

So the Vet uniform gets a skirt, but the base Republic and Allied uniforms don't? Annoying.

WTB Fed-ulan skirt they showed in the faction preview.

psiameese 07-19-2013 12:32 AM

As of today's patch the set was renamed Republic Dress Uniform. Which was translated correctly for Female - Upper and Gloves categories. But the female Lower category - Skirts, there are still pants duplicated here. Correctly called Republic Dress Uniform. However, the intended Skirt is called Republic Formal Uniform.

With the added Republic and Republic Veteran combadges, they look intended to be more ornate. But offer only one color customization for the entire badge. IMO, the row of rectangles should offer a color palette. As well as the triangle offering it's own color palette.

Please explore these details further before pushing these to Holodeck.