Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Klingon Gameplay (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=166)
-   -   Very Dissapointed: Old KDF Topics Promised, But Never Given (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=800461)

blagorm 07-22-2013 04:42 AM

Very Dissapointed: Old KDF Topics Promised, But Never Given

We all know how life as a KDF is in this game. But sometimes, things just go too far.

This Info Was Found Here, More So in the "Older Ideas: Section (If That Doesn't Say Much) So it Is Legitimate Under The Fact It Is "Cryptic" Making This In The Wiki

100 Day Veteran Badge:

This Ask Cryptic In June 2011 Said:

"Q: the_illustrious_q What?s the word on a 100 day vet reward for Klingons?

A: For those who don?t remember the history of this, early in the development of the game the 100 day veteran rewards were made focused primarily on Federation characters (since you have to make a Fed in order to even make a KDF toon). When I took over as EP, I started talking about ways to fix this and subsequent Veteran Rewards had Fed/KDF counterparts. This leaves the old 100 day vet reward of the Alternate Future Variant Badge as a Fed only standout. We have been doing some badge work for Season 4, and we may be able to sneak this one in, but it is a legacy issue that we haven?t dealt with yet. My schedule shows that we?ll resolve it before the end of the year."

Gorn Featured Episode:

This Fourm Post Said By An Administrator in Feb. 2011 (The Number is Purple):

"The Gorn are already scheduled for their own feature episode series, I just can't give you a specific timeframe yet."

There IS most likely more things they neglected about us, but I couldn't find it with all the nice new content coming up OR the fact that everything "special" or should I say mainly "ships" seems to be all Feddy Feddy Feddy again. Maybe THAT'S a broke promise? All well, post below if you find any other old things that I didn't say that were never passed though. Even if you have things like you see things now that aren't being processed, post it here~!

therealsivar 07-22-2013 08:03 PM

This is the tip of the iceberg dude, there is an extremely long list of promises and statements made about the KDF faction (and the PvP side of the game as well) that have been said and then nothing is made of them.

It's sad, but unfortunately it's true.

blagorm 07-23-2013 07:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by therealsivar (Post 11535451)
This is the tip of the iceberg dude, there is an extremely long list of promises and statements made about the KDF faction (and the PvP side of the game as well) that have been said and then nothing is made of them.

It's sad, but unfortunately it's true.

Indeed you are right! This is really just the tip, that is why I asked for people to give more things I missed. These were just the oldest ones.

fraghul2000 07-23-2013 07:34 AM

Quote:

And most of those "promises" in that list are just interpretations and statements like "we would like to do", "we're thinking about" etc... that were just taken for granted.

The OP is just another prime example of that.

blagorm 07-23-2013 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fraghul2000 (Post 11541071)
And most of those "promises" in that list are just interpretations and statements like "we would like to do", "we're thinking about" etc... that were just taken for granted.

Like in the last Podcast,

"we have those planed for something else (Broadside Weapons)

"We plan to get more KDF ships in the future" (Only Thing KDF was Mentioned in)

fanofallseven 07-23-2013 12:06 PM

If you're interested, someone's compiled a pretty exhaustive timeline of all the empty promise regarding the KDF over here. It's pretty gruesome.

To be fair enough, we've come a long way in the past few months. Still lots and lots of issues, but we're trending in the right direction finally.

pherras 07-23-2013 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fanofallseven (Post 11544571)
If you're interested, someone's compiled a pretty exhaustive timeline of all the empty promise regarding the KDF over here. It's pretty gruesome.

To be fair enough, we've come a long way in the past few months. Still lots and lots of issues, but we're trending in the right direction finally.

Wow im suprised theres any klingon players left after reading that

therealsivar 07-23-2013 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fraghul2000 (Post 11541071)

Some were and some weren't, fact remains that the KDF faction as a whole has been seriously mishandled from the start and has resulted in the faction's population being worn down to a fragment of what it could have been.

The last KDF ship pack was the Bortasqu, then over a year went by with nothing, then we got the B'rolth and the Qaw'dun out of nowhere after being delayed for a while but one of those is a low-level ship skin that can't really be used anywhere else.

Before the Bortasqu what was the last thing we got? Before that? In all that time, how much has the Federation gotten in comparison?

When you tally it all up, the Federation has just about triple the number of ships and ship skins that the KDF has, and it took them over 3 years just to get enough PvE content to level up all the way from lvl 6 (yeah it too them 3 years to let you start a KDF character at level 0 without unlocked them through federation play) all the way to max level without being forced to grind it out via "exploration" and empire defense (oh yeah you could only level up through PvP and Empire defense at game launch too).

Learn the history of the KDF with this game before you go talking about what was "promised" vs. what they'd like to do.

johnny111971 07-23-2013 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blagorm (Post 11541261)
Like in the last Podcast,

"we have those planed for something else (Broadside Weapons)

"We plan to get more KDF ships in the future" (Only Thing KDF was Mentioned in)

I plan on retiring at 55. Between now and then, circumstances could change, plans may need to be adjusted, changed, or scrapped all together.

Sometimes plans change. Look, I think the KDF needs some love (maybe thats why the race is so full of warriors, not enough hugs). Just Kidding.

I think that they got some long deserved and missing things with LoR. There are still some holes that need some filling, granted.

But anytime someone makes mention of well... any future plans, someone trots out the list of broken promises, at some point, you need to work with the devs instead of standing at the gates with torches and pitchforks.

crypticarmsman 07-23-2013 01:07 PM

This horse is dead and turned to glue. Hint: If after two years, what they said they might do hasn't happened, plans have probably changed. Now, I'm not saying the KDF players should stop requesting faction specific stuff; but, move forward and live in the now, and stop bringing up two year's old comments. If you still want to see what happened to a specific thing - ask about it, but stop doing effective two year's past laundry lists.

Yes, the KDF was MAJORLY neglected and lead on for years - no one is denying that, but they did get a fair amount of new (and good) content with LoR. Use that as a springboard, and continue to push for new stuff without digging up some two year old 'zinger'.