Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   PvP Gameplay (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=125)
-   -   Gravity Well 3 vs Singularity Jump (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=808231)

praxi5 07-28-2013 08:39 AM

Gravity Well 3 vs Singularity Jump
 
Why does Singularity Jump pull harder than a spec'd GW 3?

borgresearcher 07-28-2013 08:50 AM

and comes with a teleport, that comes with a perception debuff ?

maicake716 07-28-2013 08:59 AM

one costs money, the other doesnt?

skyranger1414 07-28-2013 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by praxi5 (Post 11637191)
Why does Singularity Jump pull harder than a spec'd GW 3?

Because they want to sell romulan ships and convince players to go romulan because its just plain better?

borgresearcher 07-28-2013 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maicake716 (Post 11637481)
one costs money, the other doesnt?

it doesn't lol

and gw requires a ltc+ skill slot

praxi5 07-28-2013 09:18 AM

Logically, then, shouldn't GW get a -Repel buff?

P2W aside, Singularity Jump has 5 components to it
  1. 5KM Jump
  2. Accuracy Debuff
  3. Damage Debuff
  4. AoE Damage
  5. AoE Snare

It outclasses GW in every way and is 'free' on all Romulan ships, whereas GW costs LtC or Cmdr slots on others.

playhard88 07-28-2013 09:19 AM

cause is romulan and it had to be better in order to sell romulan packs. Now that they sold all the packs the wanted the will fix it..... no i'm jocking! balance is not important here

rmy1081 07-28-2013 10:07 AM

well, if you're quick enough you can stack them for an even better pull :)

But yeah, GW should be more similar to SJ. They're both singularities aren't they?

I've always thought that GW should get a minor skill cool down debuff and a speed debuff based on how close you are to the center (it is a singularity, and that would be a little more "realistic"), but since TIF I've kinda tabled that idea. Stacking of that would be OP.

ursusmorologus 07-28-2013 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by praxi5 (Post 11637701)
It outclasses GW in every way and is 'free' on all Romulan ships, whereas GW costs LtC or Cmdr slots on others.

If you're specced into particle generators, GW will do significantly more damage than SJ. GW will kill stuff pretty quick, SJ is mostly a getaway mechanism that also has a hold

But yeah, other than that detail, its fairly ridiculous. Singularity tray is basically an extra BOFF that you get for free.

praxi5 07-28-2013 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ursusmorologus (Post 11638521)
If you're specced into particle generators, GW will do significantly more damage than SJ. GW will kill stuff pretty quick, SJ is mostly a getaway mechanism that also has a hold

But yeah, other than that detail, its fairly ridiculous. Singularity tray is basically an extra BOFF that you get for free.

Yeah, GW does do more damage... but it's a wash if you can just walk out of it.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:04 PM.