||01-25-2010 07:13 AM
TERRIBLE EXPLOIT! Abusing game mechanics allows for 1,8 MILLION damage! Please, fix.
I'd like to again report that a terrible exploit allows players to deal over 1,8 million damage in one attack! Essentially killing any boss in space, instantly, no contest. Included is a screenshot for reference as attachment, where I repeated the exploit to show it can be done.
The attack basically concists of doing the following:
- The player engages EMERGENCY MANEUVRES #
- The player goes to FULL IMPULSE which stacks with the emergency maneuvre to give a brief super burst of speed (speed of 300 or such).
- The player engages the RAMMING SPEED # skill to get even more speed and to deal ramming damage.
- The player flies their ship just into the enemy by brushing just against them, to maintain as much speed as they can while passing.
- Over 1,8 million (!) damage is dealt to the enemy, killing them instantly, unconditioned of what they are.
- The player dies also, but respawns, getting the fleet action reward, or grabbing the loot after respawning.
- The skill can be repeated again after 4 minutes when ramming speed has recharged.
Please, do something about this exploit, or people will be killing the biggest, meanest bosses with no effort anywhere.
- Make the use of emergency maneuvres 'disable' ramming speed, while using ramming speed 'disables' emergency maneuvres (for a few seconds). Also make using ramming speed engage you into a battle state so that full impulse is impossible. Make it impossible to use ramming speed while in full impulse.
- Do not base ramming speed on your actual velocity, but base it on the percentage of hull which is left. This way, ramming speed is capped.
- Give ramming speed damage a cap equal to the players health, that way when ramming you can never do more damage than your ship has health. Also, this way it makes sense that a heavier ship hits harder.
- Give ramming speed a certain fixed damage value, which depends on the skilllevel your ramming speed skill has, and multiply that with a value derived from how much energy you spend in the 'engines settings'.
- Make ramming speed as a fixed, multiplied by for example your engines flight speed.