Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Feature Episodes, Events and PvE Content (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=122)
-   -   CSE: AI Improvement or Scimitar Bug? (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=823671)

azurianstar 08-12-2013 09:25 PM

CSE: AI Improvement or Scimitar Bug?

Was just in Cure Space Elite on my Federation Romulan, captaining a Scimitar, and found the NPCS different. And honestly not sure what is going on, if its a AI "improvement" or a Bug.

We were doing the RML Strategy and another player was guarding the Kang. When we were on the Raptor Wave, I was helping out the Kang Guard. I went to Thalaron Blast the Raptors and next thing I know, they turned 90 Degrees to the left and was actually leaving my Thalaron targeting cone (range of Raptors - 5.6km). I managed to hit 1 of the 3 when the attack went off.

Somehow they were still fixated on the Kang the entire time and after the attack went off, they proceeded to attack the Kang. Between the two waves, we barely managed to retain the Optional.

Then during the Negh'var Wave, I was out of range of the last Cube and the others had cleared out the remaining Borg guards from the Middle Cube, I once again went for another Thalaron Attack and right before the attack went off, I was immediately destroyed! It happened so fast, I honestly didn't know what in the world hit me! Again, the only NPCs within range was those 3 Negh'vars.

So did Cryptic changed the AI of the Borg so they react to the Thalaron attack? Or is this a bug?

If NPCs are going to start to react to the Thalaron Attack, I for one as a Scimitar owner would like to know, because I didn't spend $50 worth of Zen on such a cheap move with no way to defend myself in such a vulnerable position.

adamkafei 08-13-2013 02:03 AM

I can sympathise with you regarding the Negh'vars, they ISOd me once when I was blitzing them in my cruiser, all 3 at the same time but I don't know about the Raptors the only thing I can suggest is somebody else was pouring damage into them as they do then break off, other than that I don't know, I think it is rather more recent than LOR though

voporak 08-13-2013 04:33 AM

Isometric charge for the Negh'vars. Raptors, I dunno. Though I can tell you, you probably won't scrape by the optional as much using MRRMLL, just sayin'. :)

deokkent 08-13-2013 06:25 AM

Not sure on the exact circumstances with your raptor problem, but I think epte is the culprit. It's annoying on raptors since it makes them move randomly all over the place.

azurianstar 08-13-2013 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by voporak (Post 11882781)
Isometric charge for the Negh'vars. Raptors, I dunno. Though I can tell you, you probably won't scrape by the optional as much using MRRMLL, just sayin'. :)

Yes, the Negh'var's Iso's are annoying. But the point of my post wasn't what killed me, but why?

Up until know, ships heading towards the Kang always ignored you prior to reaching attack range. But now, they don't. They reacted to the Scimitar's Thalaron Attack and took action. The Raptors reacted by moving out of the cone, the Negh'vars fired their Iso's.

So this action discriminates against Scimitar owners and makes it a negative to own this $50 ship. Because you cannot abort the attack and you are left vulnerable - I.E. "An easy target".

nicha0 08-13-2013 01:01 PM

While I doubt they've intentionally changed anything, I sure hope they do, this mission is way too easy and way too many soft ships can get through it as it is.

satanailofhwbg 08-16-2013 02:31 AM

No, the problem is not with the scimitar.
I got ISO-ed the other day in my Atrox from a Negh 8-9 km away. In 2 instances of CSE. And it hit me hard - above 40k damage from a single hit.

syndonai 08-19-2013 03:18 AM

This has been around for a few weeks now, and the cause is the thalaron's threat generation - they buffed it a few patches back so alot of things that aren't normally effected suddenly react when in the thalaron's firing arc. Try it on KASE and watch how the probes and generators suddenly engage everyone with plasma torps and beam arrays.

Yes, i agree it's a little overkill, but putting on HE and RSP generally keeps you unscathed.

However it is very amusing to fire it at a big clump of probes and watch them go after your team mates, since they aren't expecting it :D

doffingcomrade 08-19-2013 05:23 AM

I don't see the problem with this. It sounds awesome: AI that isn't completely braindead and actually reacts to what you're doing? Serves you right for trying an easily-avoidable attack like Failaron. Even the AI has learned to dodge now.

syndonai 08-19-2013 05:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doffingcomrade (Post 11999901)
I don't see the problem with this. It sounds awesome: AI that isn't completely braindead and actually reacts to what you're doing? Serves you right for trying an easily-avoidable attack like Failaron. Even the AI has learned to dodge now.

I've got no real problem with it either, just miffs me a bit when the 4 generators start shooting when otherwise they'd be completely inert to everything else.