Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   The Art of Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=216)
-   -   Recidivist Topics (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=830841)

tacofangs 08-19-2013 10:49 AM

Recidivist Topics

It has been suggested that I collect some of the answers to questions that seems to keep coming back again and again, in one spot, for easy access.

How do I take decent screenshots?

Why aren't viewscreens in 3d?

Why does my ship not have a full, custom interior?

Why can't I fly my jetpack everywhere?

Why is X Ship out of scale with the other ships?
And More. . . . And More. . .

Why doesn't ESD Orbit Earth?
Why doesn't ESD Orbit Earth? (Part 2)

Why is the scale of ______ so off?

Why are planets so small?!
Why are planets so small?! (Part 2)

Why doesn't everyone, everywhere have proper voiceover?!

Why can't I fly my ship from my bridge?

Why do devs never acknowledge/discuss X Bug/Issue? (Note last block of post)

Please do not continue discussions of the above in this thread, you can post in one of the linked threads, or start a new one if you'd like. (or if the above thread is older than 30 days)

If there is some other topic I have discussed repeatedly, which you feel should be added, please let me know.

lordhavelock 08-19-2013 11:13 AM

Taco Explains Jetpack Flying/Map Making
(or "How come I can only fly on Risa!?!")

misterde3 08-19-2013 11:22 AM

YAY! great thread! Thanks Taco.:)
This thread just needs to be a bit stickier.;)

jeffel82 08-19-2013 11:34 AM

Why are starbases so big?

Why are planets so small?

What's with the scaling in Sector Space?

What's with ship and shuttle scaling?

cgta1967 08-19-2013 12:06 PM

why do I always seem to spill ketchup on my blue and gold shirts, but never on my red ones ?

sunfrancks 08-19-2013 12:14 PM

But....but...... these answers are not good enough/not what random person wants to believe ;)

misterde3 08-19-2013 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cgta1967 (Post 12005191)
why do I always seem to spill ketchup on my blue and gold shirts, but never on my red ones ?

Maybe because you never wear them when you're trying to draw roads onto your plate with ketchup...?;)

coupaholic 08-19-2013 12:43 PM

I do not agree with those answers, and will therefore clutter the forum with thread after thread asking the same thing over and over until I see one I like!

Seriously though, best of luck to you Mr Taco, I fear that list is going to grow pretty big...

askray 08-19-2013 12:48 PM

Thank you taco for taking the time to make this thread! :)

azurianstar 08-19-2013 02:33 PM

Hah, I got quoted. :D

This is what the Devs need to do more of, making consolidation threads into a type of FAQ. Maybe Branflakes can make a subforum for such a thing?

BTW Taco, seeing our conversation in the ESD Orbit thread (can't post there due to necro rules), an idea popped in my mind that might solve the moon equation.

Instead of having the moon as part of the skyfile, why not make the moon be an independent moving object, like an NPC? So then the sun in the skyfile could operate on the 24 hour cycle and the moon could move on the 30 day cycle. Would this be possible?